1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Live - Lag

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jerkyboy, May 18, 2003.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting quite bad lag when playing Ghost Recon on Xbox Live.

Its also a pain in the ass getting a game started, there is only a small number of games to choose from and I always get a message stating that there is too many players for my bandwhidth.

Anybody else get these problems ??

I am using Telewest Broadband, via a direct connection.

2. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    dont really seem to get much lag although i'm getting the messages you're getting - don't play it much anyway

is it me or does the 'live' option on GR seem to be a bit of a rush job - just a thought after playing motogp which has a pretty good live section...

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always get the 'too many players' message, dunno why. It seems to me that it's the hosts who have problems. I never host as my connection is not fast enough. I find it very difficult to actually get a game in the first place and then often, it all goes wrong once you are there. When I do get a good host and a game that is working well, I'll stay on all night! Some hosts insist that nobody talks on load-up and then everyone stays stationary for the first 10 seconds. Not sure if that has any effect.

So, no, it's not just you and I don't think it's your connection. The live aspect of GR is pretty poor but it's a fantastic game and there's bound to be teething problems with early 'live' games. MotoGP is the model around which they should all be built.

4. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    yeah, I'd had that thing, where they say it needs time to sync all the players up.

the two many players is when the host sets an upper limit on numbers.