1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live :: Just a few questions.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Patrick_A, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Patrick_A

Patrick_A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people,

If i were to set up Xbox Live, would it matter if instead of High-Speed internet I have Light-Speed cable internet? Would it affect my gaming experience while online? Would the games I play begin to lag and or freeze?

Thanks in advance
    Patrick

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    The quality of the experience you have on Live (technically speaking) is related to the speed of your connection. I am led to believe you can get away with something like NTL's lowest service of 300k, but I would not recommend going lower than that.

Plus if you use such a restricted service, I would suggest you shouldn't host any rooms. This might not bother you, however, it just depends on what you want to do.

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I used to play on live using an ISDN connection(128k). I worked really well for games that don't requite a lot of bandwith, project gotham, splinter cell etc. but it was horrible for games where connection speed is important like R63, Top Spin etc. So if your using a 300k connection you should be ok. It'll be quick enought to shoot Lorenzini on Halo2 anyway!

4. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    To be fair, you'd only need a 56k modem for that :p

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Live "officially" supports connections from 256k down/128k up. Any less and you'll probably get lag, depending on the intensity of the game in question. But obviously, the faster your connection, the better. (up to a certain point, anyway)

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731

Now where did i leave that 14.4kbps fax modem....................................

Oh and sorry about disapearing on Sunday night, will be on again on Tuesday night after the football if your about for a game.