Xbox Live Issues With Bt HomeHub Wireless

jameschh90

Standard Member
I'd be very grateful if anyone could offer any help here..

Around a week ago I installed the bt homehub 2 for the first time. My pc has a wired connection and because my xbox is upstairs I bought a ms wireless adaptor and wanted to connect to the hub wirelessly. For the first few days i had no problems without changing any homehub settings.

After a few days though, in the morning I couldn't connect. Looked through alot of threads regarding homehub problems and it said doing a full reset can help. After alot of testing the xbox connection and resets eventually it would work, and once it worked it worked fine for that day. The next day again though, it would do the same again and this would go on.

Now it seems that it is not working more often than not..it fails at different parts of the xbox live connection tests all the time, and sometimes it WILL let me connect, but I can't connect to any servers(ie EA servers) so i clearly am not fully connected to it.

When I test the connection, when it succsessfully connects to the hub it nearly always said I have full signal and for the first few days my connection was perfect..

Anyone familiar with this problem/homehubs in general?

I'm really fed up of this.

Thanks in advance

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Areyou able to try any other wireless devices to ee if you can narrow down the problem? It could be that the HH is faulty which is why i suggest another wireless device

Welcome to AVF :thumbsup:

jameschh90

Standard Member
I don't unfortunately.

Would I be able to request another one from bt or will they charge?

It's weird though that it allows it to work at certain times..

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
It could be worth ringing them up and saying what the problem is. The tests that you have done and see what they say. They may have some more troubleshooting ideas as well

Got a friend/neighbour/family member who has a laptop or phone with wi-fi that could test it?

jameschh90

Standard Member
I've been on the phone to them loads as earlier in the week our broadband connection went too due to a fault at their exchange. They sorted that but I think the technician that came round originally said it might have damaged the router.

Earlier I was speaking to them though I said the 360 still wont connect wirelessly and they were useless and went through basic steps that I have tried loads of times.

Yes I could try a neighbour tomorrow as well.

For the first few days when it was working fine, it stopped after I had pulled out the usb wireless adaptor because I didn't want to be online..you don't think that affected it do ya? But as I said, it still worked the next couple of days, it just took it ages to get going and alot of restarts.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
The adapter will tell you if there is a problem with the light that is on it
When the console is on and the adapter on there should be a green light on it

See how it goes tomorrow testing with another wireless device and then go from there

Sometimes the BT support isnt the best and you can end up going round in circles though. Normally if you try hard enough you will get a good person and get it sorted whee you will realise it was worth it :)

jameschh90

Standard Member
Just done a full reset of the homehub and again it starts working fine this time. It seems so random when it works but I am sure by tomorrow I will have the samr problems again and will have to do loads more resets.

The adaptor light is always green or flashes green when it is trying to find the wireless device (this is always when i have problems).

Some at bt have been good, some have been awful..just enquired about a new hub and was told to get a new hub i would have to renew my contract with them for another year even though if something has gone wrong it was because of their exchange fault.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
See how it is tomorrow and go from there

If the HH is broken you could argue it is due to what they did and ask for a replacement threatening to leave otherwise. Should work out in your favour

Hope you can get it sorted

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom