• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

xbox live help!!!

R

romroms

i live in the UK and i have wanadoo broadband (orange broadband) it ca,e with a pack that had the speedtouch 330 which is USB powered and 1 ADSL filter i have conected every thing up correctly with the phone going into ADSL filter and a ethernet cable going into the modem from the ADSL filter it has been working fine for ages but now i want to connect using ICS as i dont want to buy a router i have recently gone on the xbox live guide and has done everything correct up to the IP adress part when i go on that part it just says IP adress its suposed to say subnet mask and default gateway i am just wondering if i would still be able 2 connect to xbox live plus i have enabled ICS plz reply sum1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robsk1

Established Member
i live in the UK and i have wanadoo broadband (orange broadband) it ca,e with a pack that had the speedtouch 330 which is USB powered and 1 ADSL filter i have conected every thing up correctly with the phone going into ADSL filter and a ethernet cable going into the modem from the ADSL filter it has been working fine for ages but now i want to connect using ICS as i dont want to buy a router i have recently gone on the xbox live guide and has done everything correct up to the IP adress part when i go on that part it just says IP adress its suposed to say subnet mask and default gateway i am just wondering if i would still be able 2 connect to xbox live plus i have enabled ICS plz reply sum1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your question is a tad tricky to read as you haven't used any punctuation.

Are you trying to share your internet connection?? Is that what ICS is?

tomandjo2

Established Member
I just got around similar problem would not get through IP test trying to connect via laptop.

I entered IP manualy as per xbox.com wizard/help page 192.168.0.2 (I think)

IP was ok but wouldn't get throug DNS test even though entered DNS as per same help page above.

Eventually I entered same DNS as my router and worked fine although I still can't see PC with Xbox foe media (not bothereed about that) it still connects to internet ok)

Tom

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom