• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox Live help

tim68

hi all

a little help please

I bought 12m Live Gold subscription this morning and entered the code fine and my account says I got Xbox Live Gold for 12 months. I am trying to download a game with Gold but it's telling me I have to buy it, I should add that this is through Xbox.com should this be done through the console only and not through the above site ? trying to buy "Pneuma: Breath of Life"

thanks very much

movaado

You can do it either, I tend to do it via xbox.com as its easier.

Bit strange why its not working for you. Are you definitely signed into the correct account?

Maybe try on the console

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
hi all

a little help please

I bought 12m Live Gold subscription this morning and entered the code fine and my account says I got Xbox Live Gold for 12 months. I am trying to download a game with Gold but it's telling me I have to buy it, I should add that this is through Xbox.com should this be done through the console only and not through the above site ? trying to buy "Pneuma: Breath of Life"

thanks very much
This link should work for you:
Pneuma: Breath of Life

Make sure you've signed in with the account that has the Gold membership. You can also buy it from the console dashboard.

tim68

thanks for the replies

I think I have 2 MS accounts linked to my main email address, first one is ******, thats the first gamertag I used when I first had a 360 a while ago and that shows logged in to the xboxlive.com then a while later for some reason at the time i set up a new account (******) to get something from the windows store. I can see now that both those accounts show up on the console, is there any way to merge them ?

Last edited:

tim68

had a look on the console and I was able to download the game fine but I do have a problem now if I want a 360 title with games with gold on the website, trying to get Dungeon Siege III but it wants me to pay for it, confussed.com here lol

did think about deleting account but didn't want to chance it as I could loose any content paid for

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Does it actually come up with a price then or just a buy option but is free?
Or asking for billing info.

Got a screenshot?

tim68

sorry guys

think I have it now, says game is purchased but no money has gone from my wallet

I was a little confussed as I have never used Gold or or PS+ before

tim68

hi all.

sorry to be a pain again :)

I have a tenner in my wallet at the moment which I can use towards Xbox One content but I am trying to buy a couple of 360 titles on sale (Assassins Creed II and III) I know III is not on BC yet, but I cant use the wallet money to buy 360 content, is that normal or just me having problems again ?

Thanks again

movaado

For reasons best known to Microsoft, you can't buy 360 games from xbox.com using your credit - has to be paypal or credit card. You can use credit on a 360 console, but I guess you don't have one

tim68

ah ok cheers mate. you're right I dont have a 360 anymore. I dont have a card registered with MS as I have always used Live credit top up cards.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom