• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

xbox live help please

chocolatepenny

Standard Member
Bought son Xbox elite for Xmas. Can anyone adv if you are supposed to get a free months gold subscription to xbox live. Son has silver, not sure if it is not offering gold membership due to age. Do we need to change age? if so is it possible to do this?
Any help on what we need to do to activate trial membership would be appreciated.
Has already used a free 48hour code that came with Halo.

TheProperJayC

Distinguished Member
i was under the impression that as soon as you connected up and registered your gamertag it gave you 1 month free instantly, i'm almost sure it did with mine last year

ukbootlegs

Prominent Member
You used to get the option after signing up for a silver to buy gold, and when you chose no, it offered 1 month free.

I understand that new registrations no longer get this offer.

EEP

Standard Member
I too bought my son (age 14) an xbox for xmas and last night I registered his details on xbox live; had to provide my details etc as he's under age (assume this is 16+:confused:).

As soon as we registered on Silver, we were offered the 1 month free trial on Gold. Hope this helps in some way:)

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Yeah, just to confirm (the process isn't very clear) you will, as the last step of the sign-up process, be given a free month of gold when saying you want the membership to be silver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom