xbox live gold question

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Dr Asqueroso, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Dr Asqueroso

Dr Asqueroso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    my xbox live gold service is about to end and i wanted to know if anyone knows if the codes are region specific like the games.

my sister is currently on holiday in the USA and i'm thinking of asking her to bring me back 2 live subscription cards but will they work on a UK console and UK Live Membership??

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. Gordon B

Gordon B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,054

AFAIK Live Subs are region specific just like points, so the answer would be no.

3. astar0th

astar0th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    I can't find a specific answer but if i were you i would buy the cheapest code (1 month?) and see if it works?????

4. mannyo

mannyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    You could try this, get her to buy the code and then read it out to you over the phone. If that works try a longer length code.

I do however think they are region locked, you could buy a UK one from a link posted on here like I did and I think it cost about £30. The current £-$ exchange rate might make it cheaper to do this than bring one in from the US.

5. Big Blue 23

Big Blue 23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Xbox Live Subscription codes, I am proud to say that they are not Region Coded and work in Almost any country EG. If I was in Australia and had an American Account I most definately could redeem an Australia Subscription on that. American Codes only work in America. As 4 Xbox Representatives confirmed when I called Xbox Support they said only MS points are region coded not Subscriptions, Due to the fact there only subscriptions. Also there's like so many Froums that confirm Subscriptions do work!

6. markgodley

markgodley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Most of the memberships are not region locked the only ones that seem to be locked are the new 12+1, there are older 12+1 kicking about tho.

So...1,3 or 12 months will be fine.