• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Xbox live gold membership

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

has anyone recently bought or seen a 12 month Gold code for a decent price?

i can only seem to find prices of £40+ currently.

thanks in advance

Desmo

Distinguished Member
They're being discontinued so can only see the prices going up.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'd not be surprised if gold slowly vanishes and is rolled in to being a part of Gamepass.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
It was either 2019 or 2018 Microsoft increased the RRP for 12 Months Gold as well, so this eventually trickled down and saw prices of this option increase across different retailers/sellers.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

has anyone recently bought or seen a 12 month Gold code for a decent price?

i can only seem to find prices of £40+ currently.

thanks in advance

Go the Brazil route and its £30 for a year.

Last edited:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
£30 a month sounds a bargain :D

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
just checked my subscriptions via xbox settings and its saying my membership is currently suspended because its past due and is £49.99.

does this mean i owe microsoft £49.99 and even if i buy my own gold memberhsip from elsewhere and input the code i will still owe microsoft £49.99?

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Sounds like you had recurring billing on and the payment method has expired, is that correct?

If so I would just get onto chat and say you want to cancel your membership, wait for your account to mirror that then buy some credit.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
You can only have one home console and be signed into your account on one other non-home console at the same time, so you can only use your Gold sub on two consoles simultaneously.

irgsefton

How could they not see that coming with such a huge increase

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I think they did as this reversal has come way too quickly. I'm sure backout options like this are pre-discussed as it's too big a move to just reverse like that.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom