Xbox Live Family & Gamertags ?

phazblade

Been hunting around looking for an answer to the Question, do all the Xbox Live Family Account Gamertags have to be on the same Xbox, I found this

"While the four gold accounts have to be created on the same Xbox 360, they don't have to stay on the same Xbox 360, West confirmed. The one draw back to this is that even if those accounts are spread to multiple consoles, all of their charges will still go to a single credit card."

Anyone confirm this is correct, has anyone done / doing this ?

dazpazz

Nope.. they can be on any xbox..

I have mine and the 2 boys attached to the family membership and we have our own console

DA7

Does anyone know if the accounts have to be on the same network? For instance my kids live at a different address cant hey be on the same family xbox subscription?

Does anyone know if the accounts have to be on the same network? For instance my kids live at a different address cant hey be on the same family xbox subscription?

The gamertags only need to be on the same console for the initial setup. As soon as that's done they can be used on any console in the same country.

phazblade

Well, it does all work, it does get a bit involved with Gamertags, Passwords, and Live Accounts ..... but it did work for me :)

There are bits and pieces to read on the Web which help concerning different scenarios, but you also have this thread to build on, if anyone else goes down this road

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom