Xbox Live Downtime Tues 16 June 2009

reddevil63

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up everyone, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson just posted on his blog letting us know that there will be some LIVE downtime next week:

"On Tuesday, June 16th from 7:01AM UTC (12:01 AM PST) for up to 24 hours, Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, Xbox LIVE and the ‘My Xbox' section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won't be able to post.)

The remainder of Xbox.com will be available with limited interruptions.

This service maintenance is to prepare for some of the recently announced features that will be available later this year.

Let me reiterate: When the service returns, you will not have any new functions or features. This is for scheduled maintenance only."

Source: x360a

Last edited:
Hi my xbox suddenly wont connect to live? It was fine last night as it has been every night for the last 2 months but when i came to it this morning it first came up with the message to change the MTU on the router so i just reset the router and tried again! This time it comes up with a firewall may be blocking my connection but as i say all was fine for the last 2 months till this morning?

Live is down for maintenance today. You should have had at least one message from MS about it , plus a frame on the dash reminding you for the past week.

Will have done but its my sons console :thumbsup: Well at least i know its not my router! Thanks guys.

So much for spending the day on the 360, :rolleyes:. Thanks for the info. :smashin:

Slight derail:

Anyone know if we are getting anything new? 1vs100 would be nice, as would a new audio player...

Slight derail:

Anyone know if we are getting anything new? 1vs100 would be nice, as would a new audio player...

Only maintenance stuff in preperation for further updates. Nothing new is arriving.

See here :

Offline from 12am last night for approx 24 hrs in preperation for future benefits apparently.

Xbox Live Off The Grid Next Tuesday

Do you still get achievements if offline ?

Yes. You can play offline whenever you like. Once you connect back up to live it updates your GS on the system.

What a joke having to take XBL down for upto 24hrs to upgrade

Only MSFT could get away witht this one. How many times does your bank say sorry we're not working today as we need to upgrade, or tesco's say sorry we're closed today because we need to upgrade our systems?!?!

I don't have a problem with M$ doing some upgrades to Live, if it is going to benefit us, and add new content in the future. Also it is good to catch up on single player games sometimes, without being in chat with other people...... I for one, am going to play a little Dead Rising..... Supermarket + Zombies + Pyscho's + Chainsaws = FUN FUN FUN! :D

Steve

Omg 24 hours.

Ok, I am starting to get the shakes, been home from work for 2 hours now and and getting call of duty pangs :smoke::smoke::smoke:

agghh this had to coincide (sp) with COD double XP weekend. Also I was taking bolt action and scoping tips from people over on the call of duty boards to help improve my gameplay agghh. Did I say agghh :D

Why can they never do these things allnight instead of allday ? i want to go on fifa 09.

oh well just have to play killzone 2 on my ps3 so its not all bad !!!, at least my 360 is getting a rest

yup, be nice for my xbox to have a day off:rolleyes: just have to blow the dust off the PS3. I knew it would come in handy one day!:devil:

i am paying my xbox live membership with a credit card and it is supposed to renew automatically june 17 (three month membership). But I want to change it to annual. What is going to happen???

I could try calling them and changing it over the phone just to make sure they don't charge you. I would hope that Live is back sometime today as 24 hours is normally just their way of making sure they aren't late.

Assistance by phone:0800 587 1102
or +44 20 7365 9792 from a mobile phone
Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
0800 587 1103
Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
Saturday: 09:00-20:00
Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Also welcome to the forums!

Don't know why some are moaning its down 24 hours.

Live is having some great enhancements coming and can't see them doing this in a few hours.

Its not like your life is going to end cause live is down 24 hours.

What live is down???? you could have told me bro:rotfl:

I have just spent the best part of 2 bloody hours looking for a non existent MTU option on my bloody router so I could play COD WAW FFA with the volume turned up FULL cos the Mrs wasout till 7. I should have learned by now to check here first as I almost ordered a new router.........:mad:

People's gamerpics are showing up now so I'm going to say it shouldn't be long before it is back up. Maybe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom