1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live diso advantage using 42inch big screens?? against others with small screens

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gunsnroses76, Aug 6, 2005.

1. gunsnroses76

gunsnroses76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, was just wondering when playing xbox live on say a 42inch plasma would i have a diso vantage against other online players who have much smaller tvs simply because i have a bigger screen and it takes that little bit longer to spot a enemy because my eyes have to contantly scan a whole 42inch screen for enemys where as others with smaller tvs wont have this problem, i mean for example if i had a small tv and i look right into the middle of the tv and without moving my eyes still looking in the middle of the screen i am still aware of enemys to the far sides of me and at the top or where ever on the screen but on a 42inch screen if i was looking right in the middle of the screen myself awarness of whats around me is only so big thus any enemy right in the corners i may not see untill its to late thats my only concern with a big screen being spotted by the enemy first before i can see them as i would have a big mother [edit:swear word removed-lynx] screen to scan constantly whenever im stationary or moving forwards in a game.

Please read and become familiar with the rules on swearing.Board moderator.

2. Bobbler

Bobbler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It would entirely depend on how far you are from the screen and also how good your periphery vision is in tune TBH. If you need to scan the screen you may be sitting too close especially if you need to move your head about to see it all.
    Remember that compared to someone on a smaller screen you have an advantage in that they will be bigger on your screen. So for instance when someones way off in the distance sniping at you and they are miles away then will show up more.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Moving from crt forum.