1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox live crashing PC

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by richgtfc, Apr 3, 2003.

1. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my XBox Live kit this morning and have been playing MotoGP etc, but my PC keeps crashing so I lose my connection :mad: . Due to lack of knowledge when I got broadband I ended up with a BT Voyager USB modem so I have to connect to XBox Live with ICS through my PC. As my PC is old, 233MHz Pentium II with 64Mb ram & Win98, if I get more than 2 or 3 other players online my PC locks up or crashes. Anybody else have the same problem?

I'm going to buy a new ethernet modem (cheaper than a new PC) so any suggestions on which is best. I think this will remove the crappy PC from the equation.

Cheers
    Rich

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the hardware reviews on www.adslguide.org . Most routers will be fine.

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    I would recommend the Netgear DG814 router, extremely easy to set up. It detects all your settings for you and you do is simply enter in your username and password.

4. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just make sure that what ever you buy it supports PPP Over ATM. Dlink make a great box in the 604.

Neil.