Question Xbox Live Country Mismatch

Heezy

Hi,

I live in Belgium. I have my active Hotmail address on which I have several active MS subscriptions. After a very long period of gaming inactivity, I wanted to start again with the Xbox. After logging in, I added Xbox Live Gold. But, when I try to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate on the Xbox, it gives me a "country mismatch error". "The region where you bought your subscription and your Store region must match".
When I try the upgrade through the Microsoft site, it says "Change the region for your Microsoft store" and that I have a subscription for another region.

My Hotmail address was created some 20 years ago and has the US as its region (which I completely forgot). This has never given me problems. What I did now:

-At account.microsoft.com I verified the billing addresses. The billing address was the US address, changed it to the correct Belgian (BE) address. The US address now resides under 'Other addresses', but I can't delete it. The home address was the correct BE address.
-At account.microsoft.com I changed the region from US to BE under 'Your info'.
-Verified the Xbox and it has BE as region.
-Logged into xbox.com, verified the Xbox profile there and says BE.

--> this didn't help

-When I change the region of the Game Pass Ultimate site to US, I can go until the payment. But of course, the payment itself gives an error because my payment options are BE.
-I went to the US support.xbox.com and logged into my Xbox settings. Here I could change the Xbox Live region to BE and got a confirmation mail from MS that the my Xbox Live Account successfully switched from US to BE.

--> still not able to upgrade, same error.

I'm probably still missing something and I hope that somebody could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Vini

Connect to US VPN (or whichever country your live account is set as) and redeem a GamePass code? (Much like the Brazil Live guides floating around)

Basically, buy a GamePass 14 day trial/1 month sub, connect to US VPN and redeem the code at https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter?ref=xboxcom

If you login to the site above with your Xbox/Live account it will show which region it is expecting.

EC711FD0-E5E4-48DF-AAF2-D5017DB90B38.jpeg

If after juggling your countries in your profile still hasn’t helped, I’d speak to MS Help, which is the better route, as it sounds like you really need your account aligning.

Last edited:

Vini

Have a read of this and the thread in general

Heezy

Thx Vini. Since I was not sure that after applying the GPU code, MS would take my payment method (which is BE, but the MS account is US), I ended up chatting with MS support.
They immediately sorted it out and everything is in order now.

Thanks for your help!

Vini

Thx Vini. Since I was not sure that after applying the GPU code, MS would take my payment method (which is BE, but the MS account is US), I ended up chatting with MS support.
They immediately sorted it out and everything is in order now.

Thanks for your help!
Glad you got sorted

Dymblos

Standard Member
I have a similar problem. my account country region is in the US
2 years ago I redeem x2 1year codes from Brazil (bougth in CDKeys)
Then using a VPN (Brazil) and changing the shipping/billing information in my microsoft account website also changing "your info" I was able to redeem the codes in my US account without problem

But today I'm trying again, same steps but I got this error

"The region in which you purchased your subscription and the Store region must match. If changing the Store region does not work, contact us at Microsoft Support.

PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatch"

I'm not trying to redeem Game Pass or convert my gold to GamePass.. just trying to add more gold years..

Anyone is having this problem?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I had the same issue trying to redeem EA Play from the UK, turns out my account was set as Argentina. I had to contact Support over Online chat and then ended my Subs and re-applied them once my account was set back to UK. So you will need to contact Support.

mklion123

Distinguished Member
I had the same issue trying to redeem EA Play from the UK, turns out my account was set as Argentina. I had to contact Support over Online chat and then ended my Subs and re-applied them once my account was set back to UK. So you will need to contact Support.
Shame they wont let you freely buy games from there....:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom