1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox live connection problems

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MrBurns, Nov 15, 2004.

1. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have aol broadband, and a BT voyager 105 modem. The only way that i can connect to XBOX live is to use an internet connection sharing method. If you are using i.c.s. with xbox live do i need to buy a router? Or can i just run a crossover cable from my pc into my xbox? :confused: When i try and get xbox live working it tells me that it can't locate an ip address, and it won't work. I am using a Belkin 15m crossover cable, running from the back of the pc into my xbox, and i have activated internet connection sharing.

Plz help guys as i am going INSANE.

Thanks again :)

2. Xboxliveruk

Xboxliveruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to put in your AOL log in information into your Xbox to be able to use Xbox live. Turn on the xbox without a disk in it. Go to Settings>Network Setting>PPPoP Settings and type in your AOL username and password e.g. Screen-name@aol.com. Make sure everything is connected and your sharing your connection and go back one (on your XBOX) and go to connect. It should work, Reply to say if it has. :)