XBOX Live Complaints department

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Just listening to this weeks Major Nelsons podcast (yep, I'm geeking it up) one of his guests is the man who heads up the department that deals with all complaints made over Xbox LIVE. some very interesting insights into how they work. COD5 comes up alot in the interview (un-surprisingly) aswell as the use of Rapid Fire controllers. Apparently the latter is not viewed as infringement by MS. Rapid Fire controller manufacturers have to seek special license from MS therefore they cannot be banned or outlawed ! It is left down to game developer on how to deal with this.....in otherwords no measures are taken to stop Rapid Fire Controller cheats.
Boosting, Console banning and Gamerscore resets are also discussed and makes very interesting listening

Link to the podcast lists are here: (jump to 56'38" for the interview start)

Blogcast (MP3) - Xbox Live's Major Nelson

you can also subscribe through itunes.

virtual22

Just listening to this weeks Major Nelsons podcast (yep, I'm geeking it up) one of his guests is the man who heads up the department that deals with all complaints made over Xbox LIVE. some very interesting insights into how they work. COD5 comes up alot in the interview (un-surprisingly) aswell as the use of Rapid Fire controllers. Apparently the latter is not viewed as infringement by MS. Rapid Fire controller manufacturers have to seek special license from MS therefore they cannot be banned or outlawed ! It is left down to game developer on how to deal with this.....in otherwords no measures are taken to stop Rapid Fire Controller cheats.
Boosting, Console banning and Gamerscore resets are also discussed and makes very interesting listening

Link to the podcast lists are here: (jump to 56'38" for the interview start)

Blogcast (MP3) - Xbox Live's Major Nelson

you can also subscribe through itunes.

Did you also hear that they are looking at possibly taking action against people who file too many complaints :eek: Given the amount of boosters and new gamercard cheats that I have filed complaints against on Halo I reckon I must be in with a shot of being near the top 10 :rotfl: Still, a forced break from Xbox live might not be a bad thing after all :rolleyes:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Did you also hear that they are looking at possibly taking action against people who file too many complaints :eek: Given the amount of boosters and new gamercard cheats that I have filed complaints against on Halo I reckon I must be in with a shot of being near the top 10 :rotfl: Still, a forced break from Xbox live might not be a bad thing after all :rolleyes:

According to the interview all complaints are anonymous.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
According to the interview all complaints are anonymous.
My take on the interview was that they know who has made the complaint in order to determine that person's willingness to complain. In other words, someone who files a cheating complaint every time they lose would carry less weight than someone who doesn't, which makes sense.

I don't think they take action against consistent complainers so much as pay a little less attention to them.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom