XBOX Live and PC Gaming !

monkeyleader

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So I was doing my usual bit of gamer net browsing and was checking up on some of the news from X05. Im sure I read that Allard had said that he wants (with the new 360) online gamers via XBL to be able to go up against people playing online thru their PC - did I dream this or is this what we can expect?

Nige

There's a (small) artical about it in the latest issue of Games Tm, I just skinmmed through it on Fri lunchtime so I can't quite remember the full details but it's deffo mentioned. I'll have a look a little later and pop the details up on here.

i remember ages ago well before E3 M$ representatives mentioned this for the next version of live and it was their big thing to do. it cant be that hard as we have seen it before with Need For Speed were PC could take on PS2 gamers. maybe they decided that it wasnt profitable to have this implemented as it could hurt 360 sales. im not to bothered its not really fair playing a FPS online with a controller against a Mouse & Keyboard is it :)

The preview in this months Edge of Unreal Tournament 2007 says they are seriously considering allowing 360 and PC gamers to play each other. There will be balancing issues, but they're looking into these, and thinking of some way to give 360 players a way to redress the balance... We'll see!

It's about level design partially I guess. The main weakness of a console pad is that it can't look up/down as quickly/easily as a mouse, so the levels are designed with less vertical action - ie. they're flatter. Also you can limit the sensitivity of those with a mouse to the speed of a console pad, so they have no advantage there. Apparently play-testing doesn't show as big an imbalance as you may think...

i see what your getting at, maybe im not doing the controller gamers justice but personally im a totally diff player on FPS on pc than console's. if implementing this wouldnt the pc gamers suffer by level designing for a console. its interesting but there is more than enough people on live to warrent not doing it

monkeyleader said:
So I was doing my usual bit of gamer net browsing and was checking up on some of the news from X05. Im sure I read that Allard had said that he wants (with the new 360) online gamers via XBL to be able to go up against people playing online thru their PC - did I dream this or is this what we can expect?

Nige

already confirmed as Final fantasy 11 will allow you to play against PC and PS2 owners.
Xbox live on 360 isnt locked like it is on xbox1 so companys can use there own servers etc. So with FFXI you will be connecting to Sonys+ Squaresofts Servers

You can buy a mouse and keyboard for an xbox, I dont see this changing for the 360.

captaineyecatch said:
already confirmed as Final fantasy 11 will allow you to play against PC and PS2 owners.
Xbox live on 360 isnt locked like it is on xbox1 so companys can use there own servers etc. So with FFXI you will be connecting to Sonys+ Squaresofts Servers

and what does that do for security? wouldnt want anyone hacking my 360, esspecially if i couldnt put countermeasures on it.

to get around the FPS mouse+KB VS controller issue, how about auto aim for the pad like on goldeneye for the N64?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom