xbox live and AOL

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by davet010, Sep 26, 2004.

1. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but the online gaming ones looks like it's having problems.

Anyway, I'm trying to set up a broadband router and XBL on my cousin's PC, now that he's finally got broadband. I've given him my old Speedtouch 530 router and cables, and he's got the appropriate XBL starter kit.

The problem ? He's on AOL. :rolleyes:

The drivers for the 530 install OK, but I can't go through the configuration, because it won't find the TCP/IP settings.

Has anyone managed to get XBL up with AOL Broadband ? Their idea of online help seems to be 'offer stock answers, then disappear if that doesn't work'.

Thank God I don't use it...

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well ive only tried to get my xbox online directly connecting the modem with my xbox, i have no idea how'd you put a router in there as ive not used one before, but ill try to help you out.
    because the connection to aol broadband is controlled by the software you have to install onto the pc, its wont just let you connect the modem up and go from there.
    the time i connected, i had to put all the details into the xbox dashboard (where you have to manually add connection settings) my aol screenname and password etc.
    like i say, ive not used a router before so this might not be any use, but i did overlook this point and it had me scratching my head for a bit.