Xbox Live Account on 3 Different Xboxes

D

DesignBoy

I have just been informed by Xbox Live Support that in order to use my account on 3 different Xboxes, I have to do an Account Recovery if I decide to use a different Xbox. Let's say I am in my office but then I decide to move to the living room. I have to Recover My Account every time.

This is ridiculous!! I know for a fact that this is new within the last few months. I have had 3 Xboxes for about 1.5 to 2 years. I don't remember EVER having to do this before. My brother kept his account on my Xbox for when he came over he could play here at my house on HIS account. Never did he have to "recover" his account. My son sometimes goes to my brother's house, did not have to recover his account.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you or do you not have to recover the account if you decide to move to a different room to another Xbox?

Thanks

Lorenzini said:
You could alternatively buy a memory card, and the Xbox automatically detects the Live accounts stored on it on whichever Xbox you start up.

Or you could just use the memory card to permanently transfer the account details to the HD.

DesignBoy said:
I have just been informed by Xbox Live Support that in order to use my account on 3 different Xboxes, I have to do an Account Recovery if I decide to use a different Xbox. Let's say I am in my office but then I decide to move to the living room. I have to Recover My Account every time.

This is ridiculous!! I know for a fact that this is new within the last few months. I have had 3 Xboxes for about 1.5 to 2 years. I don't remember EVER having to do this before. My brother kept his account on my Xbox for when he came over he could play here at my house on HIS account. Never did he have to "recover" his account. My son sometimes goes to my brother's house, did not have to recover his account.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you or do you not have to recover the account if you decide to move to a different room to another Xbox?

Thanks
You only have to do account recovery one time on each Xbox. From then on the account details will permanently be stored on all the Xbox's. I used a memory card as mentioned above to do the samed thing by transferring my account details to my second Xbox. Either way it's a one time process. The person you spoke to at Xbox Live support doesn't know what he's talking about.

Well, I called Xbox Live Support. After the tech told me "that is how it's setup" I told him no, sorry I disagree. I asked to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor said that is how it has been since he's been there. He told me it's for security purposes. If you have an account on an xbox then turn that one off and then go to another xbox and log in with the same account you have to recover the account. I told him that is incorrect. It is just not right.

I have 3 different accounts and 3 Xboxes. All 3 accounts are on each Xbox. I have never had this problem before a few months back. If I decide to go play in a different room or go to my bro's house then I should not have to recover the account. It sucks to have to do this. You have to enter the GT, Credit Card, and all the other crap.

Currently I DO have to recover the account. I have no choice. It makes it tought with 3 people wanting to play and play in different rooms from time to time. I should be able to play where I want (like I use to) and not have to do this.

Any ideas on what a guy could do?

DesignBoy said:
Well, I called Xbox Live Support. After the tech told me "that is how it's setup" I told him no, sorry I disagree. I asked to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor said that is how it has been since he's been there. He told me it's for security purposes. If you have an account on an xbox then turn that one off and then go to another xbox and log in with the same account you have to recover the account. I told him that is incorrect. It is just not right.

I have 3 different accounts and 3 Xboxes. All 3 accounts are on each Xbox. I have never had this problem before a few months back. If I decide to go play in a different room or go to my bro's house then I should not have to recover the account. It sucks to have to do this. You have to enter the GT, Credit Card, and all the other crap.

Currently I DO have to recover the account. I have no choice. It makes it tought with 3 people wanting to play and play in different rooms from time to time. I should be able to play where I want (like I use to) and not have to do this.

Any ideas on what a guy could do?

I think your a little confused....... yes you do have to recover your account on each xbox the first time you use it but once its on the hard drive or memory card you will not have to recover that account on that xbox again.So in thoery the xbox live guy you spoke to was right but he hasn't explained himself very well.Hope that clears it up for you :hiya:

DesignBoy said:

I have to do this every time now. It doesn't matter how many times I recover the account, move to another xbox recover my account on that xbox, then if I want to go play on the original xbox again, I have to recover it AGAIN. I should not have to do this every single time I log in to Xbox Live no matter which xbox I decide to play on. It always happens after I have logged in on a different xbox.

I really appreciate you guys responding and from what I am hearing, Xbox Live Support is full of crap. I would bet I didn't actually talk to a supervisor, it was probably a tech sitting next to the tech I was talking to.

So should I keep climbing the ladder at xbox live to get the big boss?

All you have to do is copy the account to a Memory card or several memory cards if you like and make sure the memory card is plugged in when you go on live. You do not need to keep recovering your account just keep the main account details on one xbox and use the memory card when using any of the others. I have been doing this with 2 xbox's for 8 months with no problems :thumbsup:

Lorenzini said:
Have you tried using a memory card to copy your Live account to each Xbox DesignBoy?

You can only have the main account on one xbox and yes I have tried it and it will only let the main account reside on one xbox, you need to use a memory card for the others.

Well, that's bizarre, as both of my Xboxes used to have both of my Live gamertags and I've never had to do account recovery...?!? Have they changed the system recently? :confused:

Well, I don't know if it's because of an update to Live because I have had to do this for a few months now. Could be. The memory card idea may work but only one account can fit on the mem card. Bottom line is: I have not had to do this before, my brother hasn't had to do this, it's just stupid. I started way back as a beta tester. Then I got a second xbox later then later a third. Eventually had 3 accounts for 3 people. It's just been in the last few months that I have had to do this. The crazy thing is support says it's always been this way which is complete ignorance. It has not been this way.

I just need as many people to resond that either currently or before did not have to do an account recovery when they log in on another xbox.
I need to call support again and see if I get someone that knows something. Then I have to call EA to find out why I can't connect to a game with one of my accounts but can with the other 2.

thanks

Well, just copy a Live account to a memory card, then copy from the memory card to each of the other two Xboxes in turn. Each Xbox can hold up to 8 Live accounts simultaneously. It works, trust me. EDIT: Unless they've changed the system in the last 6 weeks.

I had 2 xboxs a while ago and managed to use the memory card to copy the details across with no problems at all, it's sounding more and more like it's changed now but why they would change it's a mystery to me :confused: .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom