Xbox Live Account Advice

Fennomenon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, advice needed of the best approach going forward please...

I have had an Xbox Live Gold Account paying monthly for many years. Last year I bought my son an Xbox One and he has been quite happily playing locally on my account with the odd foray into online multiplayer. The problem has come that I now have a bit more time on my hands and want to get back into playing xbox.

Obviously my son has racked up hours and hours of gameplay and achievements (on my account). I think the time has come for him to have his own account and so we can both play our xbox's at the same time. Can I transfer his achievements to a new account? Is it better for me to cancel live on my old account, set myself up a new one and then add gold to that? Is there some sort of family functionality I could take advantage of...?

Thanks for the advice!!

I would read this thread

Hi all, advice needed of the best approach going forward please...

I have had an Xbox Live Gold Account paying monthly for many years. Last year I bought my son an Xbox One and he has been quite happily playing locally on my account with the odd foray into online multiplayer. The problem has come that I now have a bit more time on my hands and want to get back into playing xbox.

Obviously my son has racked up hours and hours of gameplay and achievements (on my account). I think the time has come for him to have his own account and so we can both play our xbox's at the same time. Can I transfer his achievements to a new account? Is it better for me to cancel live on my old account, set myself up a new one and then add gold to that? Is there some sort of family functionality I could take advantage of...?

Thanks for the advice!!
You won't be able to transfer the achievements your son has earned on your account to his new account.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom