Xbox Live 12 Month +1 Month Free Subscription Card from the US?

Overlord69

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen lots of very cheap Xbox Live 12 Month + 1 Month Free Subscription Cards (new type) on US websites. Are the cards / Subscriptions "Region" specific? :confused:

They shouldn't be as they are just subsription codes. I used a US 2 month trial code on a US machine over here to sign up. My Xbox Live account is registered here with a UK credit card . I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter where the subscription code came from, not 100% positive though.

I'm a bit busy at the mo' but here's one: www.dvdboxoffice.com £23.51 (Free P&P) compared to the normal retail price of £39.99 per year.

Aren't there any deals in the Uk? I managed to pick up a 12 month sub with headset for £21.50 including del last year. :confused:

Overlord69 said:
I've seen lots of very cheap Xbox Live 12 Month + 1 Month Free Subscription Cards (new type) on US websites. Are the cards / Subscriptions "Region" specific? :confused:
To answer my own question after a little research, yes they are region specific.

Overlord69 said:
To answer my own question after a little research, yes they are region specific.

Not to my knwoledge, I used one on my US Xbox and it worked,m if oyur that worried, then make a US account, when it asks for you billing region select USA.., that's what I did, so now when I get the 360 I have access ot all the Latest Us news, and when the Demo's come out i'll have access to them before you lot...

What I meant was that a region 1 Xbox Live 12 Month Subscription Card from the US will only work with a region 1 Xbox.

Overlord69 said:
What I meant was that a region 1 Xbox Live 12 Month Subscription Card from the US will only work with a region 1 Xbox.

That's not true. Any Xbox Live subscription will work with any Xbox. It doesn't matter if they don't come from the same region. At the end of the day all it is is a code that validates that you have paid for X amount of time on live. They arre not region specific.

I'm not calling you a liar Moogle but from what I've read, a lot of people say they are. So I'm sticking with what I've read. The old adage "Caveat Emptor / Buyer Beware" comes into play eh? I for one, would rather be safe than sorry. ;)

Live subscription codes are like 'product keys'. They're not region/country/market specific.

I've used "US" subscription codes in Europe and vice-versa.

Think about it - why would Xbox want to make them region specific ? No sense in that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom