1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX - Light Gun & Games

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by sparrow-07, Aug 20, 2004.

1. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Please could somebody tell me what games are available for a light gun, and what guns are available. My nephew wants one for his birthday.

Many thanks.

2. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    There aren't many light gun games for the Xbox but what is there is good. The only 2 I can think of at the moment are 'The House of the Dead III' and 'Silent Scope Complete' as those are the only 2 I have. I think that the 'Starsky & Hutch' game also has a light gun feature.

I am using the Sniper Scope light gun for Xbox which can be easily adjusted to make it into a pump-action shotgun shape which is spot on for 'The House of the Dead III'. It has a rather tacky scope to look through for Silent Scope which is only really effective when you're sat straight in front of the TV.

Also, despite the fact that the Sniper Scope is designed for use with Silent Scope you have to crank the TV brightness way up for it to register properly. This problem doesn't occur with The House of the Dead III though because the screen flashes white when you fire.

Overall, I'd recommend this gun more than any other Xbox light gun because it is the most diverse and fun to use but it isn't cheap. I think it's about £50 with Silent Scope Complete but if you get The House of the Dead III which can be bought for around £15-20 you're in for a treat because the shotgun mode is brilliant.

Oh, and just so it doesn't shock you when you "experience" it, the 'force feedback' on this gun is laughable. In fact it is probably the most pointless feature I have ever seen on a console peripheral because it is so unbelievably weak.

3. Jbev

Jbev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just to let you know some cannot be used with 100mhz TV's, Widescreens and LCD's. The Thrustmaster Berrata work's on most TV's.

An unlockable on House of The Dead III is the complete House of The Dead II

Hope this helps

4. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the excellent replies. I couldn't find the guns you mentioned in Game or HMV, so I bought him something else. (His birthday is today!).

5. Hawkes_TFS

Hawkes_TFS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You mention that some light guns can't be used with non-CRT devices.

Can you tell me any that are compatible?

What what I can find out there are two ways in which a light gun can work. From what I understand there is no reason why one of those methods wouldn't work with a projector.

I am desperate to find a light gun that will work with my LCD projector!!!

Cheers,

Ben.