Xbox keyboard problems - need help!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by fathervic, Oct 16, 2005.

1. fathervic

fathervic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Howdy folks,

A friend of mine is in a predicament at the moment - he wants to get rid of his Xbox due to some technical difficulties... (he's mostly a PC gamer and more used to using keyboard and mouse and doesn't like the pads). He's purchased a keyboard and mouse adaptor - a smartjoy frag from Lik Sang and for some reason doesn't allow him to configure the keys. Having tried the adaptor on other friend's boxes, it seemed to work fine - though on his own it doesn't. The machines where it did, seem to be earlier Xbox models. Is there a configuration problem with later Xbox models that anyone has experienced and can get around?

2. Ol!ver

Ol!ver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I'm going to be absolutely no help to you here, but I'm going to ask you a question instead :)

Ive just got one of these, and the mouse is awful. Laggy and jerky. Is yours/his the same?

Cheers

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've got one of these does work really well but for me it is too much hassle and wires all over the place to use - so only use once in a while.
    As for your problem fathervic - has he tried a different keyboard? that might be the problem or try another controller port on the xbox. Note really sure as i havent heard of any problems like this. SmartFrag do have a forum you could try asking there.
    Ol!ver - the mouse is laggy compared to a pc game - you have to remember the games are made for joypad only - the smartfrag fools it into thinking you are using a joypad - so you wont get perfect smooth Look with a mouse.
    you can improve things by turning up the Look speed and also altering the Smartfrag settings.

4. fathervic

fathervic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    being that he's destroyed more than one board in frustration - yes, he's tried a different board. The confusing thing is, as I said before - it worked perfectly fine on other friends' Xboxes, though when on his own, it just doesn't want to cofigure the keys to his layout. This suggests that the unit does work but being that his Xbox is the newest out of our bunch, there might be some sort of firmware update on his machine leading to incompatibility? He's really lost the plot with this thing...!