Xbox in one room, play in another?

jason7579

I currently have my xbox hooked up to my TV in the living room via VGA, is there any way to send the signal up to my bedroom (above the living room) without trailing wires everywhere (and if possible without taking the VGA cable out the back of the TV).

I would like to send the signal either via VGA or component so I can still play in HD. I don't mind swapping the wires over to component in the back of the xbox.

Also, would there be any way to boost the signal of the wireless headphone? so I can use it upstairs.

Thanks

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
you could do it, but you would be into the hundreds of pounds, and if you used a basic video sender, most are scart or composite,(horrible PQ), and some suffer quite badly from interference from wireless pads,and mics, then you have to factor in, whether or not the input will match the output for quality.

you could use something like this : 150m VGA Extenders > Maplin
but you do need a long vga cable, and the resolution is limited to 1024 x 768.

as for the wireless mic, it should work upstairs, i know mine does,as im sure the mics max distance is about 10 metres roughly from the xbox,but as you are above, i doubt you would be 10 metres away.

Last edited:

JimboJambo86

I currently have my xbox hooked up to my TV in the living room via VGA, is there any way to send the signal up to my bedroom (above the living room) without trailing wires everywhere (and if possible without taking the VGA cable out the back of the TV).

I would like to send the signal either via VGA or component so I can still play in HD. I don't mind swapping the wires over to component in the back of the xbox.

Also, would there be any way to boost the signal of the wireless headphone? so I can use it upstairs.

Thanks

i know its not answering ur question but u cud get another power supply and vga cable, then just take ur xbox upstairs when u want to play it.
is there a particular reason why the xbox must star downstairs?
when i stay at my girlfriends i have spares there as i dont want to unsettle my tidy wires in my bedroom. i just unplug the xbox, pack in its original box, have enough space for 2 remotes, 4 games, wireless adapter and headset in the box and thats all i need, very simple. :smashin:

StevieBuck

As RottenFox said, it will be rather expensive to achieve this exactly as you you want, not to mention a fair amount of time sourcing what you need & getting it hooked up etc.

It could probably end being easier & cheaper just to buy a new xbox 360 arcade!

jason7579

Thanks for the replies all.

I would only be using the xbox upstairs a handful of times in a month and if its going to run into ££££'s then I probably won't bother.

I'm not keen on unplugging the xbox and moving it, it hasn't been moved more than a few inches since I got it and (touch wood) its never given me any problems. With the reportedly bad build quality and reliability issues with the older 360's I'd rather not keep messing about unplugging it and moving it around the house.

Maybe a 2nd hand or an arcade console is the way to go, I have a friend who has a spare power pack for an old xbox and I have the component leads and controllers etc. so all I'd have to buy would be the base unit.

Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Someone else may be able to elaborate on this but I'm sure Microsoft occasionally sell all the recon'd Xbox's that they fix at a major discount. I think they sold a load off for about £65 at Xmas through their website.

Any one know any more about this?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom