• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox HiDef kits on ebay for £12.65 inc.

mickrick

Banned
Theres a guy selling "copies" of the official M$ HiDef kit on ebay for £9.90 + £2.75 postage. It is the breakout box version as well, with optical audio out and a passthrough for connecting a scart etc.

The kit looks like this:

56_1.JPG

And the item is located here.

Many thanks to Soundwave for pointing me in the direction of this.

Slipperystevens

Hi

At the risk of asking a daft question, how does this differ from using the lead that comes with 360? What are the benefits? I've just bought a 360 so I'm not at all familiar with it.

Thanks.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Slipperystevens said:
Hi

At the risk of asking a daft question, how does this differ from using the lead that comes with 360? What are the benefits? I've just bought a 360 so I'm not at all familiar with it.

Thanks.

This isnt actually for the 360.

It's only for the original X-box & allows a modded machine to ouptput a Hidef signal (720p/1080i) on games that were enabled for it (Ninja Gaiden etc.)

Neil

lei179

I havent tried this one,but as a rule,non MS one are usually very poor,but then again the official ones are going for silly money at the moment.

Lei

mickrick

Banned
lei179 said:
I havent tried this one,but as a rule,non MS one are usually very poor,but then again the official ones are going for silly money at the moment.

Lei

Hi Lei

What do you mean by "poor", is it build quality, picture and sound quality or whatever?

lei179

Mick,
Alot of these suffer from severe 'ghosting' on images above resolutions of 480
but as i said i havent tried this one,so maybe ok.

Lei

mickrick

Banned
lei179 said:
Mick,
Alot of these suffer from severe 'ghosting' on images above resolutions of 480
but as i said i havent tried this one,so maybe ok.

Lei

I thought that it was ones with the integrated component cables that had problems. I wasn't aware that any with breakout boxes had the same problems, although to be honest, these are the first ones besides the official cable that I've seen with a breakout box.

I'm beginning to regret buying this now as I'm suspicious as to why he has so many at such a good price. :(

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
mickrick said:
I'm beginning to regret buying this now as I'm suspicious as to why he has so many at such a good price. :(

Bugger I'm Sorry about that, I didnt realise these may have problems :( :(

pjclark1

Once they have switches inside, they don't seem to work for component.
This one has switches!

scumball

Distinguished Member
I had a 3rd party breakout box for component, it had a switch for svideo too...it was laughably bad. The picture on 720p and 1080i was unusable with ghosting. Mickrick if you're not happy with this one I'll do you a trade for an official MS one for the X2VGA you've got (which I belive you got from me originally).

mickrick

Banned
Scumball, yeah this is the one I got from you. I don't know why it won't work with my Samsung tv though. I'll do the trade with you anyway. I can always sell the other one on if it's no good. Does yours come with component cables?

scumball

Distinguished Member
It does come with the original leads included - however these were a bundle of five inc. 2 audio for stereo, I have stripped them so it is just the 3 component cables as I used the optical output for audio. I still have the two for audio, but they are not all linked together as they were....should I start a thread in the trade section or can we do this from here?

mickrick

Banned
I had already started a "Wanted" thread yesterday and had offered the X2VGA for trade in it. Reply there and we'll take it from there.

bravogolf

I've bought one of these last Friday and so should be here sometime this week. Will be sure to update this thread as to how the quality was. What's a good game to use a demonstration?

scumball

Distinguished Member
bravogolf said:
I've bought one of these last Friday and so should be here sometime this week. Will be sure to update this thread as to how the quality was. What's a good game to use a demonstration?

XBMC GUI outputting in HD or Soul Calibur II, Tony Hawks, MX v ATV...

mickrick

Banned
Ok, i got the cable from Scumball and the ebay cable and I did a little comaprison.

The Official M$ HiDef cable, with component cables as supplied, produces a beautiful rich, colourful, sharp picture and when used in Game Mode on my Sammy LE40R73BD tv, it is astounding. The audio via optical digital on my Sony receiver is excellent.

The ebay cable, via the M$ component cable, displays no picture at all. The sound, via optical digital, is as good as the M$ cable and is being returned for a full refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom