1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Hi Def Pack

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by windfall, Aug 30, 2004.

1. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hi Chaps

I posted this over in the projector forum but The Ritz suggested I run it over here.

I plugged the HiDef connector in yesterday and am running the cable from hidef to 2nd Component In on my amp. The amp then runs the signal out to my PJ (10 meter cable).

As a result of fitting all this together I am getting a sort of vertical banding in the picture (top to bottom). This atrefact doesnt appear from any of the other sources (sky+ DVD and video).

I checked my bios settings for the executer 2.2 chip and only found one NTSC/PAL setting. The banding is there with the setting on either.

Is there something else that I should use. Until now I have been using the advanced pack (S-VHS) which has been upconverted by the amp to Component.

Also is there a way of configuring Progressive scan on the xbox?

Hope you can help

Cheers

Tone

2. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi Mate,
    Have you gone into settings on the microsoft dashboard and enabled 480p, 720p etc? These settings will only appear when you are set in NTSC mode.

3. leedavies

leedavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Is this the official Microsoft High Definition pack, or a 3rd party one (like the Gamester hi-def pack) ?

The Gamester one is pretty crap at 480p and above as it has really bad ghosting. Fine for getting 480i via component, but not for anything higher.

4. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hi

Thanks for the advice - this is the M$ one mate. I purchased a second X-Box for my sone (executer 2.3) and the hidef pack was part of the package.

I have tried the 480p setting (didnt know it was there but then before it was set to PAL) so its all working now, fantastic PQ via component, cant wait for the upgrade to the PJ now to enjoy enhanced brightness.

Cheers chaps

Tone

5. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    So does anybody know where I can by the M$ Hi Def pack in the UK. Or another just-as-good equivalent with Component + Optical out?
    Thanks
    Azzo

6. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I got mine with a second hand x-box so I dont know where to purchase them from I'm afraid, but a quick google search indcates www.whitedog.co.uk under xbox cables (£20).

Tone

7. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    Hi,

I have a modded PAL Xbox with the Enigmah Video Standard software. My X-Box is connected to an Arcam amp via official component cable/av pack.

The problem I am getting is that the images I am receiving look like the NTSC isn't being converted (funny colours etc). Do I need to do anything else to get it to work properly? Should I be setting something up on the plasma or in the amp? Bit furstrating at the mo.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

8. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +658
    I've seen an XBox component cable in my local 'GAME' store and have 2 questions:

1) Does this mean that I could connect a UK XBox to my lcd tv via component just without the prog scan/hi-def options,

2) is there any point? is the pq better than with an rgb lead? is there little/no difference etc..