1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox HD gameplay and Monster cable

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Bluestreak, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Bluestreak

Bluestreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is possible to play nearly every xbox game at better qaulity using a component video cable, for example the Monster Gamelink 400 X does anyone no where i can get hold of one of these, as all the sites i find only deliver within the USA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s using this cable and compatible display u can actually play some xbox game at 720p and 1080i which is full high definition.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,685
    If you have a modded box ,then yes ,most games can be played with better quality . HI def options are not available on a normal PAL Xbox (cheers MS)
    Any reason you want the Monster one ? MS official Hidef pack is more than capable .
    I think COMET have the licence to sell Monster in the UK . You could try EBAY I guess .

Any questions on modding ,do a search .There is loads of info on here and also try XBOX-SCENE

John

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The Monster one used to be better but from what I can gather they are now the same as each other and it depends far more heavily on the actual component cables that you use. You can import an official MS Hidef pack from lik-sang.com or off ebay.

To enable the options you mentioned, you will need a USA xbox or get it modded, as john says. There are some very informative threads on these forums to start you off. As john also mentioned there are some excellent tutorials on xbox-scene.com, along with some excellent forums, however, its best to get the basics of what needs to be done first from google and here.

Good luck! ;)

4. Pikman

Pikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a Monster Gamelink 400 component cable on my chipped Xbox and it carries a very good picture indeed, especially in progressive scan mode. The only drawback is that if you want digital audio you will have to fork out again on the Monster Xbox optical cable as this is the only way of getting hold of the dongle that allows the Gamelink 400 to output digital audio.

I mean charging £40 for a component cable is bad enough, but asking another £30 so it can carry digital audio is plain criminal. Bloody good cable though, and a definite step-up from Microsofts offical Hi-Def pak.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Pikman, i just have to say - "You flash :censored:" :D

6. Pikman

Pikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I wasn't being flash, believe me. I only wanted to warn people that digital audio is not achievable through the Gamelink 400 without spending another £30.