1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX HD & executer 2

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Wubble, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Wubble

Wubble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly... thanks for everyone who posts answers on this forum!

I have a chipped xbox using an executer 2 with evoX installed, including the video switch app.
    I managed to buy a HD capable projector and want to enable the HD modes on my xbox.
    So far I have set the video mode to NTSC and rebooted the box, but I still dont have the additional video options listed in the MS dashboard.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Ta
    W

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    To get hidefinition output from the projector, you must use a high definitiion compatable cable. For the xbox, this is VGA or Component. When you plug in a component pack or VGA pack you get the new options. You can either buy this high definition pack online http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1742& or from the person who sells them on this forum. The component pack should work out less than £20 and the component cables another £20 if you need a LONG run (www.tvcables.co.uk sell great value cables). But, I assure you, you will notice the difference!!!!

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    By the way: I linked to the official component pack because it is leagues ahead of unofficial ones in the quality stakes. For the sake of £5 it is easily worth it!!!!!

4. Wubble

Wubble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent! thanks for the reply.
    I didnt realise that one of the high def cables had to be physually attached before the extra options in the video screen appears.

I will rectify that right away :)