Quantcast

Xbox has died, advice please.

rimmep1

Novice Member
Jazz NOOOOOOOO! :suicide:

Take it back to Gamestation, you'll regret it otherwise. Go back; keep a cool head and say that you've spoken to Trading Standards. TS tell you that your contract is with Gamestation & not MS and it's up to them to repair or replace the console. If you get no joy, ask to speak to a manager. Remind them that refusal to honour their side of the contract within your warranty period is breaking the law.

I'm not sure about the clock resetting with a replacement console - your 12 month warranty continues as per the original purchase date. A replacement doesn't constitute a new contract.

As Captain-K says, once you've accepted a refurbished console from MS, there is no going-back...

Edit: sorry, just read your reply.

Argee1977

Novice Member
Am i the only one on here who sent a 5 month old pristine white xbox off to microsoft and received a 10 month old grey coloured one (with a kind of greasy feel to it) back then???

Baileyuk

Novice Member
How do you check the manufactor date? where can I find it?
I sent mine back to MS as I bought my 360 last December while on Holiday in Barcelona - Have the reciept from GAME where I bought it but did not think they would value it with it being a different country.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
SuperSaiyan4 said:
GAME gave you another NEW reciept as in with a date of purchase now being from the replacement date? Wow they didnt do that in mine...however I do have the extended warranty so I guess it would have messed that up as I transferred it over to the new console.
Yeah, I was about to ask him when he told me he will give me a reciept so I have a 1yr warranty on that. If you think about it, you should get this as standard. They have given me a NEW machine, therefore that kit should have it's own independant warranty. At the end of the day, it's not our faulty if Microsofts production line is crap. I dont know about other people but I dont have the money to buy new consoles all the time when mortgages need paying and utility bills keep going up (dont get me started!!). Im just going to make sure I get all my hardware from Game in the future. The assistant did raise an interesting point as well. We dont usually get new machines until 6 months + after release, so are we just seeing all the bugs which we usually bypass? Interesting to see how the PS3 fairs.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Baileyuk said:
How do you check the manufactor date? where can I find it?
I sent mine back to MS as I bought my 360 last December while on Holiday in Barcelona - Have the reciept from GAME where I bought it but did not think they would value it with it being a different country.
Have a look on the back of the machine near the power cable. On the sticker it will have the date on there. You raise an interesting point with your machine, all the European machines are Pal so the machine is no different and Game is a multinational company so in theory they should honour it (but you just dont know these days!!)

Argee1977

Novice Member
Houghsx said:
Have a look on the back of the machine near the power cable. On the sticker it will have the date on there. You raise an interesting point with your machine, all the European machines are Pal so the machine is no different and Game is a multinational company so in theory they should honour it (but you just dont know these days!!)

Yep, mine went from 03/2006 to 10/2005, god knows what the previous owner did with this machine, i guess i'll need to give it a wash now since microsoft couldn't be bothered doing anything about the complaint, then again they did nothing about the previous complaint i made because it took them 2 months to pick up the xbox

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Argee1977 said:
Yep, mine went from 03/2006 to 10/2005, god knows what the previous owner did with this machine, i guess i'll need to give it a wash now since microsoft couldn't be bothered doing anything about the complaint, then again they did nothing about the previous complaint i made because it took them 2 months to pick up the xbox

Please dont give up, they have treated you like sh**. Maybe send a letter to Xbox mags or even watchdog. I know sometimes its just easier to accept things and get on with it (we have all done it) but this must make you angry :mad: and bitter. I can only wish you luck and hope you get the result you deserve.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
dunks517 said:
Signs, give Jazz some credit!! He's not that bad...

Duncs :rotfl:
I have some good days and bad days, not bad cos most of the time I have been drinking.
It's the taking part (and taking the p**s) that counts.
Anyway, got my new k800i today, there are a few games on there to play.

kidgloves

Novice Member
Mines knackered now. Was watching a dvd and started to notice faint banding running up the screen. Then it just froze pixelating the screen. Occasionaly it works but i guess the graphics chip is on its way out.
Never really had a problem with it before :(

lightbulb

Novice Member
Jazz Monkey Jr said:
Got my 360 back this morning, very fast service.
It's brand new and the quieter DVD drive. :smashin:
Good turnaround there! :thumbsup: Out of interest, what DOB does your replacement unit have?

Did you get your Xbox back in the packaging you sent it with or did they rebox it?