Xbox Hard drive upgrade queries...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by thetargetarcher, May 6, 2007.

1. thetargetarcher

thetargetarcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,

I got my Xbox soft modded with the Cash 1.1 disk and successfully installed Krayzie NDURE 1.1.1, the extras, the apps and dashes from the disk.

When I read the eeprom.bin file (a copy of it) on my PC using Liveinfo it states that my Xbox is a V1.6

I assume Liveinfo correctly states the Xbox version number?

I have been reading lots of website on upgrading the hard drive of a soft modded Xbox and I could not find answers to the following questions:

1) What is the maximum hard drive size that I would be successfully able to install in my V1.6 Xbox softmodded with Krayzie Ndure v1.1.1?

I was looking at the Western Digital WD1600JB 160GB hard drive as I found it for about £30 delivered when using Google checkout at a online shop.

It appears to be lockable on the xbox hard drive checklist website. I thought to go for this one as the 80GB WD hdd works out the same price as you do not save the £10 with Google Checkout.

2) I have read different ways of preparing new hard drives for use in the Xbox:

xboxhdm_v1.9
    CHIMP
    Slayers Evo X boot disk 2.6
    ConfigMagic

a) Could I download Slayers Evo X boot disk files from a torrent site and just copy my eeprom file over before creating the iso of the Slayer Evo X boot disk in order to create a working boot disk for my Xbox? Could this created boot disk just be placed in my Xbox dvd drive and when the new hard drive is connected to the Xbox, boot the Xbox so it loads the disk an correctly sets the HDD up? Would this work or does having a V1.6 Xbox cause problems.

Would I be better off using xboxhdm_v1.9 or CHIMP instead?

Which method would be easiest and best suited for my V1.6 soft modded with Krazie Ndure 1.1.1 Xbox?

I am a bit baffled as to the pros and cons of the different methods and did read somewhere that the V1.6 Xbox is a bit different when upgrading the HDD.

Thanks for your help.

2. a27

a27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29