1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Games to dark

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by spikeyboyo, Jul 3, 2002.

1. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else find certain games very dark on the xbox ?? at first i thought it was just PGR but having just bought Spy Hunter and im finding that both these driving games are really dark and hard to see on my Tele.

Also have Halo, DOA3 and they dont seem to have the same problem.

In order to play PGR and SH im having to increase the brightness and contrast way up on my TV.

Anyone else find this and is there any setting i can adjust in the XbX or even the Games to sort this out.

I have used both RGB, Composite and Svid connections - but there all the same.

Finding it a real pain having to adjust by TV setting everytime i want to play PGR and SH then reset the TV for watching SKY, DVD as then its to bright.

Spike

2. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I find this happens on my crt. PGR is the worst culprit, but I sometimes notice it in Halo. Usually it seems to happen when moving from light areas to dark and vice versa where heavy shadowing occurs. This is not really noticable when playing solo, but in split screen it can make seeing damm hard sometimes.
    To be honest it seems to happen less now or maybe I've got used to it.

3. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also found that XBOX tends to produce darker image than GameCube and PlayStation2.
    (Hi-Def Pack, and Advanced Scart Pack)
    Raise brightness on your display a bit.
    Doesn't your TV/display have varable video memories ??
    For example, I can assign different video settings for each of different video input signal. And further more, I can assign them into numbers, so that each video input signal can have upto 6 differrent video settings.

4. BoilingPoint

BoilingPoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as your playing in a dimly lit room (preferably pitch black), then it's not a problem, the darkness if anything add's to the playability, making you work harder to achieve greatness. But yes at first it can seem too dark. :)

5. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I only get the dark problem when playing on my 32" TV downstairs. When playing on my 21" TV in my bedroom at looks brill.

Both are connected using the same RGB scart lead so that can't be the problem.

Also, playing games in the dark on a CRT is very bad for the eyes.
    You should make sure and have a little light behind the TV so as not to strain your eyes too much.

6. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always close the curtains when I'm playing X-Box... that is the scale of it.

7. Tuco

Tuco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Have the same problem with RGB, picture looks like a dark filter has been placed across the screen( s-video is fine though ).

8. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes XBOX games are way to dark. I have calibrated my PLV-30 projector with Avia for DVD which produces a brilliant picture including Sky Plus. But the Xbox looks horrible.
    Unfortunately the Sanyo does not have seperate memories, besides everything is switched via my AMP so multiple source memories are of theorectical use anyway as to my projector there is only one source.
    It would be great when the Xbox menu would allow for brightness control.

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

9. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought Hunter the Reckoning on sat - it has britness in the menu :)

Spike