Xbox Game Pass

Just started it tonight, really good fun so far, trying to control both brothers is interesting too, but love the relaxed puzzle stuff, should be a relatively easy 1000g

Controlling them both is good fun, at times I did get a bit mixed up on which stick moved who, its a short game and yeah easy 1000g, one of the best games I have played for a while. Thanks to @MisterRigsby @King Tones for suggesting it.

Just 100% confirming that gamepass games can be gameshared,

got the trial on my xbox and can download the games on my sons xbox. :smashin:

What’s the best way to start game pass? Is there a free month knocking about anywhere??

Want to get it in time for sea of thieves

I've been looking at getting my brother a code for a 3 month subscription to Game Pass (so he will try out some of the new games) but I don't want it to start billing him after the 3 months run out. Anyone know if it auto-bills you after a Game Pass code expires (looking at the tutorial videos for the 14 trial it requires a credit card and I'm concerned it will start billing him after it runs out).

What’s the best way to start game pass? Is there a free month knocking about anywhere??

Not sure about a month but you get a 14 trial if you have not subscribed before. You can get the 14 days by going into the store and selecting the trial option.

If you are OK paying there is a 1 month (£1.99 and for new subscribers only) and 3 month trial on sites like CDKeys.

Last edited:
I've been looking at getting my brother a code for a 3 month subscription to Game Pass (so he will try out some of the new games) but I don't want it to start billing him after the 3 months run out. Anyone know if it auto-bills you after a Game Pass code expires (looking at the tutorial videos for the 14 trial it requires a credit card and I'm concerned it will start billing him after it runs out).

Not sure about a month but you get a 14 trial if you have not subscribed before. You can get the 14 days by going into the store and selecting the trial option.

If you are OK paying there is a 1 month (£1.99 and for new subscribers only) and 3 month trial on sites like CDKeys.

Im pretty sure when I subscribed to the 1 month (£1.99 code from cdkeys), when I redeemed it on xbox store it asked if I wanted to auto renew, I clicked no and all was well.

I don't think you need any card linked or stored.

I was given a code for a month free Gamepass when I bought my X console. Some sold on the classifieds here for around £3 last week so might be worth checking out.
Which ever way you do it either a code or the 14 day trail make sure you tick the auto renew box and it will give you an extra month free.

You can always turn off the auto renew just like you can for the XBOX Live auto renew.

How to cancel an Xbox Game Pass subscription on Xbox One

I think that might be too much of a hassle for him (sounds silly but he's not really into games so anything that involves extra steps will most likely cause him not to bother).
All you can do then is not tick auto renew when you first activate it. Once the Gamepass expires it will just stop working.

Played Brothers A Tale of Two Sons, loved it. Currently playing Max The Curse of Brotherhood, enjoying it.
Can anyone recommend some more like these games even if not available on game pass. I seem to like these type of games.

Thanks

Can you pre-load games with Gamepass ?

I want to try Sea of Thevies and was wondering if I can download it before the release day.

Can you pre-load games with Gamepass ?

I want to try Sea of Thevies and was wondering if I can download it before the release day.
I had the same question so tweeted it to Aaron Greenberg, Larry Herb and Mike Ybarra. As of yet I've had no reply. If not I'll be staying up 'till midnight on the 19th to kick it off so it's downloaded for the following morning.

EDIT: Seems someone else got an answer to the question Mike Ybarra on Twitter Looks like I'll be staying up 'till midnight then!

Last edited:
Signed up for the 14 day trial and I cannot cancel the subscription on the web. All I get is a 'try that again' message.
Anyone else got this? Also tried removing payment option but that didn't work too.
Game pass is a good deal for anyone with free time on their hands. Within the free trial period, I've only managed to go half way through ROTTR.

Signed up for the 14 day trial and I cannot cancel the subscription on the web. All I get is a 'try that again' message.
Anyone else got this? Also tried removing payment option but that didn't work too.
Game pass is a good deal for anyone with free time on their hands. Within the free trial period, I've only managed to go half way through ROTTR.
I managed to cancel the auto renew, it failed on first attempt but then worked so when my 14 days up I won't be billed, annoyed however as I thought I had a free 30 day subscription card but it turned out to be a 30 day free trial for new members....so I could have had 30 days free instead I have 14....

Just popped a 30 day free trial, cheers @addyb (could have an extra 30 days if i set up renewal but declined that). Will get Sea of Thieves download on the PC tomorrow :)

If I like the game I'll continue the pass but I'll buy it rather than set up any payment method as I don't wish to have payment methods on Xbox or PS.

Just popped a 30 day free trial, cheers @addyb (could have an extra 30 days if i set up renewal but declined that). Will get Sea of Thieves download on the PC tomorrow :)

If I like the game I'll continue the pass but I'll buy it rather than set up any payment method as I don't wish to have payment methods on Xbox or PS.

How does one go about getting it on pc after you've used a game pass? I'm not going to bother with this yet as I've farcry 5 next week.

How does one go about getting it on pc after you've used a game pass? I'm not going to bother with this yet as I've farcry 5 next week.
Its a Play Anywhere game so when its on GamePass you can play it on your PC too when you have GamePass :) Can download Gears 4 etc now if I wanted too.

Games are here Buy Xbox Game Pass - Microsoft Store en-GB

Last edited:
Can you pre download sea of thieves via the pass or do you have to wait for it tomorrow?

Cheers
Can be done with the Pass by changing as above. I'm downloading it now on PC and only have the Pass.

Can be done with the Pass by changing as above. I'm downloading it now on PC and only have the Pass.
Sorry! I thought that was just about playing it early rather than downloading it legitimately early ready to play when it launches.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom