Xbox Game Pass

Anyone else had issues with certain games not working once Game Pass has expired?

Why would they??

Seen reports that if you own a game digitally (say GoW4) then subscribe to Game Pass, when it ends some of the digital games you own won’t launch and say you need to renew Game Pass.

Just wondering how wide spread the issue is and if anyone here had experienced it.

Seen reports that if you own a game digitally (say GoW4) then subscribe to Game Pass, when it ends some of the digital games you own won’t launch and say you need to renew Game Pass.

Just wondering how wide spread the issue is and if anyone here had experienced it.
This was a few months ago and Microsoft was aware of the issue and said a patch was incoming to fix it. As I hadn't heard anything recently I assumed it has been fixed.

This was a few months ago and Microsoft was aware of the issue and said a patch was incoming to fix it. As I hadn't heard anything recently I assumed it has been fixed.

Oh I only read about it for the first time a few weeks ago.

It might not have been fixed then if the articles you both saw are only a few weeks old.

Where can I see every game that’s available on game pass? When I look on the store it seems to only show me like the latest titles or the top downloaded ones

Downloaded The hunter call of the wild, and Late shift which were added this month.

Played about an hour of Hunter and it's very good, relaxing too, killed quite a few animals so far, just need to work out all the controls for camping and so on.

Does game pass take advantage of the x enhanced games like gears of War 4 and rise? Or is it better to have the disk?

they really do want you to use this service on my console just came up with an offer games pass for a month for £1 the 3rd time ive taken them up on this offer since november. got gold for 3 months for £1 earlier in the month so guess i will be playing state of decay 2 for £2 next month :thumbsup:

they really do want you to use this service on my console just came up with an offer games pass for a month for £1 the 3rd time ive taken them up on this offer since november. got gold for 3 months for £1 earlier in the month so guess i will be playing state of decay 2 for £2 next month :thumbsup:
Yeah mine ran out after a free month I got for Sea of Thieves, they emailed me recently adding an extra 14 days on. :)

Doubt I'll use it for anything now as i've uninstalled Sea of Thieves lol

if i didnt want to play state of decay 2 i probably wouldnt even bother taking them up on the offer as did all the game i wanted to play that were on there in the two previous free months

if i didnt want to play state of decay 2 i probably wouldnt even bother taking them up on the offer as did all the game i wanted to play that were on there in the two previous free months
I'd of kept it to try that out but i'll be deep into Destiny 2 DLC.

Yeah mine ran out after a free month I got for Sea of Thieves, they emailed me recently adding an extra 14 days on. :)

Doubt I'll use it for anything now as i've uninstalled Sea of Thieves lol

I also got an email offering another 14 days but it wouldn’t redeem so I contacted them and they said it’s only for new customers and I would have to create a new profile so just told them to stop sending me useless offers lol

Turned on the X yesterday to be presented with the £1 for 1 month offer which I took up as I fancy some Sea of Thieves.

I also got an email offering another 14 days but it wouldn’t redeem so I contacted them and they said it’s only for new customers and I would have to create a new profile so just told them to stop sending me useless offers lol

Turned on the X yesterday to be presented with the £1 for 1 month offer which I took up as I fancy some Sea of Thieves.
I didn't have anything to redeem. They just said they were adding 14 days onto it for me to enjoy :)

It was the first time I'd used gamepass and I don't own an Xbox so was using it for PC. I'll keep my eye on Sea of thieves and State of Decay 2 as it's possibly something I'll revisit in the future when they've sorted Sea of thieves out.

Apparently 4 Star Wars games have been added to game pass.

Knights of the old republic
Force unleashed
Forced unleashed 2
Lego complete collection

With KOTOR being added I’m confident it means that the rest will be added too, so I may as well subscribe to this rather than buy them at £8 each

Last edited by a moderator:
Force unleashed, Forced unleashed 2 and Lego complete collection have already been given away free with games with gold

to be honest they've offered me gamepass again a month for £1 (4th time now in the last 6 months) and i probably wont bother as there is nothing left on there i want to play.

Can you sign up for a month, play some games and then cancel? Then repeat that when more games you like are added?
At the moment there is nothing there that grabs me and it would be a waste of £7 a month. I did the trial and ended up not enjoying anything, as the selection was poor. I downloaded 2 games I think, but they were both rubbish and deleted them

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom