Xbox Game Pass

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox, discusses Xbox Game Pass – a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring.

At Xbox, we put gamers at the center of everything we do and remain committed to giving you the freedom to play the games you want, with the friends you want, on the devices you want. This year is shaping up to be an exciting one for gamers. As we prepare to launch Project Scorpio this holiday, bringing the most powerful console ever made to the Xbox One family of devices, we continue to make platform improvements to connect the growing community of players on Xbox Live and add to a robust and diverse portfolio of games across Xbox One and Windows 10.

Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.

With great games from top industry publishers such as 2K, 505 Games, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, SEGA, SNK CORPORATION, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and you will always find something exciting to play across a variety of genres. Some of the fan favorite titles coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches to the broader Xbox community in late spring include, Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly updating library of games. Xbox Game Pass is your ticket to endless play.

It’s important to us that Xbox Game Pass provides an enjoyable and seamless experience. Before the program rolls out to the broader community later this spring, we’ll be testing Xbox Game Pass with select members of the Xbox Insider Program in the Alpha Preview ring, starting today with a very limited number of titles. The titles that are available in Preview are just a small glimpse at the expansive catalog of games that will be available when Xbox Game Pass launches late spring. Xbox Live Gold members will also be receiving exclusive access to Xbox Game Pass prior to the program launching to the broader community. We’ll have more details on timing closer to launch.

We hope you enjoy Xbox Game Pass and all that it has to offer. We’re looking forward to hearing the feedback from the gamers in the Xbox Insider Program and then from the rest of the Xbox community when it’s broadly available later this spring. Your feedback will make this program better for all gamers.

Thank you for your continued passion and support of Xbox.

Phil Spencer

Ahhh Tones, I just posted the same thing :D

Will delete mine (if I can)

Rowedav and Mr Noble, I think Tones was slightly faster.

[emoji3]

As said in the other thread. Available now for alpha build preview members. 1 month free pass. Only 21 titles at the mo. Nearly all of which are Xbox 360 backwards compatible games. Still intriguing none the less.

In before the 'We don't think this represents good value brigade'

Sounds like it's going to be a rolling catalogue, as opposed to the EA Access Vault which keeps expanding. "Save an exclusive 20% on Xbox One game purchases and 10% on all related add-ons, but only while the base game is currently in the catalogue."

Cool idea.

I've bought a lot of games on the 360 and Xbox One so I have a feeling I would probably already own most of the games that will launch but I might since up to this service later if they add more titles over time.

Wonder if it will include play anywhere games which can be played on PC too?

It's going to be intriguing how this will compete with EA Access.
I haven't been able to play a quarter of the titles in the EA Access vault, plus I have the backlog of Games with gold.

I don't think I have enough time for any more games

"Xbox Game Pass will add games to (and sometimes remove games from) its catalogue every month, which means you can always find something new and exciting to play"

xbox insider members get a month free just activated mine, at a glance it appears most of the title's in there are past Games with Gold stuff so most of us will have them.

Will have to check my console as i think i'm on the Alpha ring.

Sounds quite cool to me, missed quite a few game's when i was on the PS4 so being able to rent them will be great.

Don't dislike the idea, could be good to dip in and out if there's a barren month. Not that there's isn't a back catalogue to get stuck into mind you :)

Any one know if this works with game sharing like EA Access does?

I'm not sure I like the idea of games rotating out (rotating in is always welcome though :D). Means if you start a game you'll need to make sure you're through with it by the end of the month in case it rotates out.

I'm guessing that this will also be £9.99 a month for us as well. Things usually pretty much convert dollars to pounds for us :( I don't think it's something that I'll go for as I don't have that much time for games and when I do I tend to play a few set online shooters with mates so don't really experiment with new games, but, just like EA Access, it's always nice to have choice :D

I'm not sure I like the idea of games rotating out (rotating in is always welcome though :D). Means if you start a game you'll need to make sure you're through with it by the end of the month in case it rotates out.

That's where they'll be pushing the 20% discount to tempt you to purchase the full game to keep playing before it's taken out the catalogue. Pretty smart.

That's where they'll be pushing the 20% discount to tempt you to purchase the full game to keep playing before it's taken out the catalogue. Pretty smart.
It's not a bad way of trying games out I guess and if you fancy a load of other games in the list it could have real value to some people. It'll be really good for Gamer Score whores. Think of all the achievements in those 100 games they can get all for £9.99 a month :rotfl:

Wonder if you get 20% on top of any gold discounts that are kicking around.

I think we'll have to wait and see how the finer points of this work (do the discounts stack, does it work with game sharing etc.). I did find an online article that had it down as a UK price of £7.99 a month. Not sure how accurate it is though.

It's an interesting proposal and it'd be great for new XBox buyers. Just like EA Access it's a great way to get a pretty big game library instantly.

Seems a cracking idea. Games version of 'Netflix'

Definitely interested when I see the games list.

Will work the same as Sharing Gold.
I guess what I'm asking is... if I subscribe can my son get the games on his Xbox too, and we play together at the same time.

Ea access does this. I think...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom