1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Force Feedback Wheel

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by the_jinj, Aug 24, 2005.

1. the_jinj

the_jinj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I think I read in another thread mention of a FF wheel + pedals - can't find it for the life of me!! Is there one available? A Google throws up hope but mostly leads to PS2 gear :(

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Speedster 3 , they should have one on gameplay.co.uk

3. the_jinj

the_jinj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    The Speedster isn't a force feedback wheel - think it's called force shock or something along those lines (although I stand to be corrected if someone knows better :hiya: )

Ok reading more about it it may be force feedback - anyone got or tried one who can comment on the quality of the feedback (or feedback on the feedback :rotfl: )?

4. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,449
    Unfortunately, Xbox doesn't support force feedback natively. The Fanatec wheel (I think that's the Speedster 3 you mention) does have 'feedback effects' however, and this is the closest you'll ever get to FF on an Xbox. I have one, and it's a great piece of kit - really well built, and the feedback effects are done well.

Playing a supported game (it was designed with Forza in mind mostly), it does pull against you when you take a corner (and you feel this pull decrease as you lose traction), and shudders when you go off-road. It is a bit pricy, but I don't regret getting mine. It has slots to plug a Live headset in too so you can use it online.

5. the_jinj

the_jinj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Cheers for the info....I didn't think it was true Force Feedback. I find it hard to believe that MS didn't include support for FF in the XBox - this must be possible with an add on or something...saying that, if it was I suppose it would have happened by now.

6. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,759
    I was pretty interested in this wheel a while back, read a load of fantastic reviews :thumbsup: The only thing that stopped me buying it was the lack of connectivity for the Xbox360, at £74.99 I didn't like the idea of putting it into retirement in just a few months :suicide:

7. Scotty306

Scotty306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    What's the story with Force Feeback on the 360 then?
    The inputs are usb (or WiFi) so hopefully they've added support for PC based FF wheels.

Anybody heard anything?