Xbox Fifa owners - Please read

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by magikkk, May 14, 2002.

1. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to work out if I have a dodgy copy of this game (some would argue all of them are......) From day one it has occasionally stuck when loading between matches, and once froze mid game.
    Anybody else had any problems with this one?

2. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    no nothing like that just the occasional stutter!!!
    you should return it ,it may be faulty!!!

jason

3. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yes. Happened to my copy on 3 seperate occasions. I have returned the game anyway 'cause i didn't like it, but it does sound as though there are some faulty copies out there.
    (As i said in a previous thread, i don't think the game is finished anyway !)

4. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting.....was that on the loading screen then captain? anybody else? My prob though is I bought it off ebay so I either sell it on or live with it. You're right about it not being finished - where's the collision detection? Players just fall /walk/ kick thru each other, not to mention all the other usual ping pong, ball glued to feet problems, atmosphere's good though, and despite being a pro evo fan and despite myself i still enjoy playing the biannual eA Sports rip off

5. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hello again.
    Yes, the game only crashed during the match loading process.
    Agree with you about the game atmosphere, that was pretty good, but still couldn't save it from being rather ordinary. I guess we will have to wait a while for a truly awesome football title. Read a preview of Red Card soccer for the XBOX. Does anybody out there have any info on this game ? It does sound like a lot of fun, although not perhaps for the football purist. (Although coming from Scotland the majority of our games consist of bone crunching tackles. Any player being indentified as having even a hint of skill/talent is severely punished by being booted all around the pitch for 90 minutes)

6. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Played this game a lot and no problems so far. I could name a whole load of things I don't like about this game but I have been playing it loads - good entertainment or maybe I am just caught up in the World Cup hype.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same problem, hanging on match load ups. I now make sure nobody touches the controllers when a game is loading and it has been fine. Could be a complete coincidence though.

8. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a pro ev fan and have found myself playing this to, I think it is the world cup hype. I dont like the players they have picked for the starting 11 in most of the teams. I am pretty confident when pro ev comes out, or the world cup ends which ever is first, that the fifa game will be blown out of the water.