Xbox Elite with Samsung F (1080p - hdmi)

AiEri

Has anyone tried the elite on their Sammy F @ 1080p (mine is 40")?
The picture in games seems to be choppy - like v-sync is not turned on with pc graphics cards.
This is is especially noticeable in blue dragon during the cutscenes. Surely the picture should be smooth in FMVs...buts its not. :(

is this a flaw in the xbox 360, poor programming in games or my is my TVs crap?

geordie10

Has anyone tried the elite on their Sammy F @ 1080p (mine is 40")?
The picture in games seems to be choppy - like v-sync is not turned on with pc graphics cards.
This is is especially noticeable in blue dragon during the cutscenes. Surely the picture should be smooth in FMVs...buts its not. :(

is this a flaw in the xbox 360, poor programming in games or my is my TVs crap?
I have the same tv and an elite i have tried vitura tennis and dont have any problems.

S

scruffter

I have the samsung 1080p TV and have just purchased an xbox elite. When I play anything at 1080p I get a lot of green pixels over the screen especially noticible on white colours. I tested this with the media streaming, a game and a dvd. When told it could be my TV or the cable by Microsoft I borrowed my neighbours PS3 which played the DVD without any problems using the same cable, hdmi port etc. Thus I assume it is the xbox. I took mine back and got a replacement but sadly it is the same. The green pixels dissapear at 1080i BUT I do notice the difference in qualtiy of image between the two especially with any text on th dashboard. Anybody else seeing these green pixels or heard of this issue?

Disco_Stu360

Your tv is not crap its one of the better 1080p tvs.
I have just tried motorgp 07 at 1080p and thats fine as well.

I have an F71 40" and have experienced 'screen tearing'...

I used to use VGA at 1080p (1920x1080) and had tearing in some games noticebly Dead Rising and Lost Planet. I got the Elite hoping the HDMI would get rid of the tearing and it has almost... Dead Rising and Lost Planet are fine at 1080i but not p but most games are fine at 1080p. Ultimately the point I am trying to make is that its not the TV, its either the console or the games themselves (some developers sacrifice v-sync to keep the frame rate up)

Cheers

Germinator

I get tearing with Lost Planet and Dead Rising using VGA but only with resolutions higher than 1366x760. So the games are at fault.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom