Xbox Elite & PS3 - Worth Having Both?

SmAShY

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey

Currently I have a PS3 and a Wii and I am really considering getting an Xbox 360 Elite. I still need a bit of persuasion tho as I can be a bit tight with money sometimes.

The wife says I can get 1 I just need to convince myself. My main doubting comes to game like PES8, I would rather have it on the PS3 as I prefer the controllers but my mate does have a 360 so I would be more likely to play against him on Xbox Live etc.

If I were to get PES8 (for example) on Xbox then what the hell would I use PS3 for?! lol I think overall I prefer the PS3 but there are a few games I would like to play which aint on the PS3, Halo 3 being an obvious choice as well as Moto GP 07. Please help! :D

Cheers
Alex

Hey

Currently I have a PS3 and a Wii and I am really considering getting an Xbox 360 Elite. I still need a bit of persuasion tho as I can be a bit tight with money sometimes.

The wife says I can get 1 I just need to convince myself. My main doubting comes to game like PES8, I would rather have it on the PS3 as I prefer the controllers but my mate does have a 360 so I would be more likely to play against him on Xbox Live etc.

If I were to get PES8 (for example) on Xbox then what the hell would I use PS3 for?! lol I think overall I prefer the PS3 but there are a few games I would like to play which aint on the PS3, Halo 3 being an obvious choice as well as Moto GP 07. Please help! :D

Cheers
Alex

I've got all 3 consoles, the PS3 gets used as a Blu Ray player only at the minute (mainly cos i cant think of one single game thats any good for it), the Wii is turned off & the 360 gets hammered.

I am playing Moto GP 4 on my PS3 atm! lol Play the Wii a bit with my son tho :D

Alex

Don't make a decision on one game alone! The 360 has a massive catalogue of games (due to being out the length of time it has)....

Are there any more Xbox exclusives that are worthy of note? Will Moto GP 07 ever come to PS3?

Alex

If you're not fussed about Halo3 then I wouldn't bother right now. Wait till there are exclusive games bundled 360s where you actually want the games. More potential for cheap 2nd hand games with the 360 but only if you want to play them.

If Moto GP 07 was to be on PS3 then my decision would be easy. I know it is only 1 game but if Moto 08, 09, 10 also come out just on Xbox then I will be annoyed as hell. Halo has never really done it for me tbh BUT I have never had an Xbox so therefore have not been sucked into it before.

Alex

It's all a matter of taste - me, I much prefer the 360 pad and Live to the PS3 controller and what I've heard of PSN, so any multi-platform games will be 360 for me.

The only reason you'd need to have both is the exclusives - 360 has Live, HD-DVDs, Halo, Forza, PGR, Bioshock; PS3 has Home, BluRay, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear, Wipeout and Gran Turismo.

I can see me getting a PS3 in the near future because of that list - there are finally some titles on the horizon worth owning, and I'm going to need a BluRay player too. What you want, well that's up to you.

Must say that Forze and PGR don't interest me as I am waiting for Gran Turismo and there is only enough room in my life for 1 absorbing race game! :D

I have played RFOM and Motostorm online on the PS3 and to me they have been fine, no problems at all. I do hate the £40 charge for Xbox Live tho, I am sure the service they offer is great but I exoect like most of you I would prefer it to be free :D

Again, does anyone know if Moto GP 07 will be coming to PS3?

Alex

oh crap March 2008?! lol For some reason I thought it was this year. Does Forza have like rally and touring car bits in it?

Alex

I would say yes if you have the funds , to tell you the truth ive always been a playstation user , i got my 360 elite yesterday and i am very happy , i wouls say the xbox is a far better machine as it has a massive cames catalogue.

Some of the xbox games will never hit PS3 , a few exmple`s , i might be wrong

Gears Of War
BioShock
Project Gotham Racing 4

Without a doubt ...YES (though I guess there is a doubt if you have no interest in any 360 games!!). Have had all the Sony consoles ...now just have the PS2 .The one console I cannot see me selling is the 360 .Have played the PS3 online ,and whilst all games ran smoothly ,the lack of decent voice comms and integrated friends lists really spoiled it for me(has this changed since I last used it 4 months ago?) .Yes , of course I would rather LIVE was free but as far as I am concerned the £40 per year is a small price to pay for such a fantastic service .

I would say a must as said before if u have the funds you will be glad you have both systems . but i have too agree you can see the difference between a free internet gaming service and a £40 one xbox live kicks sonys arse at the moment . if you want too play certain games online buy them on 360 . and plus the pullout of paramount on the blueray format could see the end too the war between HDDVD and BLUERAY . But a 100% yes get both of them:thumbsup:

I would say a must as said before if u have the funds you will be glad you have both systems . but i have too agree you can see the difference between a free internet gaming service and a £40 one xbox live kicks sonys arse at the moment . if you want too play certain games online buy them on 360 . and plus the pullout of paramount on the blueray format could see the end too the war between HDDVD and BLUERAY . But a 100% yes get both of them:thumbsup:

Its Blu-Ray not BLUERAY

I cannot see blu ray loosing the battle with Sony & Pioneer`s backing ect but that`s another story not for this thread , we will not know for a long time :thumbsup:

Its Blu-Ray not BLUERAY

I cannot see blu ray loosing the battle with Sony & Pioneer`s backing ect but that`s another story not for this thread , we will not know for a long time :thumbsup:
sorry for the fo-par :D indeed i would agree they are both solid formats lets just hope its not another beta max vs vhs anyway as said for another thread not this one

sorry for the fo-par :D indeed i would agree they are both solid formats lets just hope its not another beta max vs vhs anyway as said for another thread not this one

sorry for another spelling mistake but its faux not fo im not trying to annoy just thought it was funny just reading the blueray mistake
;)

Unless there will be two formats , always the first time for everthing :)

Must say i love my new 360 Elite :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sorry for another spelling mistake but its faux not fo im not trying to annoy just thought it was funny just reading the blueray mistake
;)
ok i am really showing my lack of education here with these school boy spelling errors :D and i have too say the elite has bought new life to 360 for me as well:clap:

I *think* I will be buying an Elite this week. Will let you know how I get on :D:D

Alex

I've got all 3 consoles, the PS3 gets used as a Blu Ray player only at the minute (mainly cos i cant think of one single game thats any good for it), the Wii is turned off & the 360 gets hammered.

Same here...If you can afford both go for it because as gamers we seem to think we miss out if we haven't got it!!
My PS3 hasn't been used as a games console since I got it though , just as a blueray player.
Wii forget it!
360 more or less each day!!

I think the only problem having the best of both worlds , is what do you do if you want a game which is on xbox & ps3 , which version would be better ?

I think the only problem having the best of both worlds , is what do you do if you want a game which is on xbox & ps3 , which version would be better ?

Personally I think I would get games like PES8 on the PS3, dont know why just preference I guess.

Alex

360 multiplats are usually a bit better.

I don't have time to play all the decent 360 games yet alone any of the good PS3 games (both of them ;))

I wouldn't worry about the format war, a year from now no one will care because multiformat players will be the order of the day.

I have HD DVD and Blu Ray, can't tell a jot of difference between sound and picture, the only difference seems to be one comes in a blue box and the other in red.

At present my Xbox is getting the most use, the PS3 is used as a bluray player and not much else at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom