Xbox Elite Controller

Me and my son have been through 8 in total. Terrible build quality. Ive gone back to a standard pad and he is using a razor wolverine tournament editon pad now. Much better quality.

Had mine about a year no problems and use it 1=2 hours a day still feels like new.

If it did break I’d probably buy a new one straight away as I like the weight of it and the paddle setup.

Whether there was a bad batch or a factory with dodgy quality control who knows. Like anything you’ll find people who’ve had bad ones (maybe more than one) and others with no problems.

got an elite this morning and just wondered if there is any guide for the trigger locks and what settings for say black ops 4 and exactly what they do?

also am i right in assuming if i just wanted to use 2 paddles i can choose whatever size so the 2 small ones where the big ones are positioned are they interchangeable?

got an elite this morning and just wondered if there is any guide for the trigger locks and what settings for say black ops 4 and exactly what they do?

also am i right in assuming if i just wanted to use 2 paddles i can choose whatever size so the 2 small ones where the big ones are positioned are they interchangeable?

I use the half triggers all the time, just make sure you adjust the deadzones in the accessories app to at least match the triggers' shorter length of travel, otherwise they won't work properly in some games, due to you shortening the length of travel to 100% activated.

Go with whatever paddle setup is comfortable for you. Personally, I can't get on with all four and just use the two shorter ones. I tend to assign them to buttons that require me to not have to let go of the thumbsticks as much. For example, in Battlefield I use them for the left and right d-pad actions, which enables me to use gadgets without letting go of the thumbsticks. In Ghost Recon Wildlands I use them to access the binoculars and drone, again to limit my time letting go of the thumbsticks.

I played around with different setups before finding that for me, the paddles work well assigned to d-pad directions. Of course, this doesn't work for all games, so I would use them for something different in say Titanfall.

You can save your configurations in the accessories app and have two stored in the controller. My most played games for quite a while have been Battlefield and Wildlands, so these are the two configs I've saved in the controller.

The half-pull triggers and paddles feel so natural to use now, that I don't like using the normal Xbox controller anymore.

Have a think about what things in game you do alot that require you to take your fingers off the thumbsticks. As markypancake said d-pad things are a good option.

I started off with just two paddles, then three now I’ve got all four set up.

For FPS stuff bottom left paddle is always jump/climb, bottom right is always reload.

So in BF V for example i can jump a fence/reload and still change direction/aim at the same time. I’ve then got one set to self heal which is a dpad remap and the last one to melee (I use right click thumbstick to kneel/prone).

thanks for the reply guys, i'll try all 4 paddles but got a feeling 2 will be perfect for me, its probably best for jump and reload for black ops 4 i would used the most,

if i wanted to use the shorter small paddles can they be fit in any of the paddles slots like where the big ones are for example?

I use the half triggers all the time, just make sure you adjust the deadzones in the accessories app to at least match the triggers' shorter length of travel, otherwise they won't work properly in some games, due to you shortening the length of travel to 100% activated.

Go with whatever paddle setup is comfortable for you. Personally, I can't get on with all four and just use the two shorter ones. I tend to assign them to buttons that require me to not have to let go of the thumbsticks as much. For example, in Battlefield I use them for the left and right d-pad actions, which enables me to use gadgets without letting go of the thumbsticks. In Ghost Recon Wildlands I use them to access the binoculars and drone, again to limit my time letting go of the thumbsticks.

I played around with different setups before finding that for me, the paddles work well assigned to d-pad directions. Of course, this doesn't work for all games, so I would use them for something different in say Titanfall.

You can save your configurations in the accessories app and have two stored in the controller. My most played games for quite a while have been Battlefield and Wildlands, so these are the two configs I've saved in the controller.

The half-pull triggers and paddles feel so natural to use now, that I don't like using the normal Xbox controller anymore.

you mention use the half triggers all the time, just make sure you adjust the deadzones in the accessories app, how do i do this exactly please? sorry i'm not very up on what you can do and how, any help would be great on those

you mention use the half triggers all the time, just make sure you adjust the deadzones in the accessories app, how do i do this exactly please? sorry i'm not very up on what you can do and how, any help would be great on those

When you turn them into half-pull triggers, it means you're no longer pulling them in 100% of the way, so this will affect certain games depending on how they've been designed to use the analogue triggers, such as accelerating in a driving game, so in the accessories app you can adjust the active zone for the triggers, so a half pull is now a 100% pull. You can even set them to a smaller active zone, which is useful if the game only treats the trigger pull as on or off, such as shooting a gun.

The app lets you make all sorts of changes to the Elite and has plenty of on-screen prompts to show you the outcome of changes. The trigger section will show what's happening when you pull the trigger compared to the changes you made.

You also use the accessories app to remap all the buttons and paddles to your liking.

I can't remember if the accessories app is pre-installed, if not it's a free app in the store.

Get Xbox Accessories - Microsoft Store en-GB

You can fit the paddles in any slot you prefer.

Mine is now slowly falling apart. Bumpers have been replaced. The grip is slowly coming off and buttons now and again need a 2nd press, same with the triggers.
Had it since release and used on a daily basis and probably my most used controller so had my money's worth but really can't afford to buy a replacement at the moment. Really hoped there would be some deals on. Had a look at some other controllers but they are more expensive.

Guess I best start saving.

Mine is now slowly falling apart. Bumpers have been replaced. The grip is slowly coming off and buttons now and again need a 2nd press, same with the triggers.
Had it since release and used on a daily basis and probably my most used controller so had my money's worth but really can't afford to buy a replacement at the moment. Really hoped there would be some deals on. Had a look at some other controllers but they are more expensive.

Guess I best start saving.

Have you thought about maybe getting a second hand one and then upgrading it yourself on the cheap? Plenty of guides about

So I have an issue with my new Xbox One elite controller (White) Or so I think.

I have 2 play and charge kits which I used to use on my standard controllers which worked ok half the time, sometimes they would charge and other times they wouldn’t.

So I thought I would try with my elite controller. I use the cable which came with the elite controller and charge it using the USB port on my One X and got the charging icon on the home screen. Once charging had completed I disconnected the cable and everything seemed fine.

But then 15 minutes into playing I get the low battery warning, and on the home screen it was displaying low battery but I ignored it and continue as normal.

I can temporarily clear the low battery warning by removing the battery and then reconnecting it, but it’s annoying.

Going by my google searches, I’m going to assume Microsoft are never gonna bother fixing this issue and I’m better off using a separate charging cradle from Venom or something?

Having said that I remember AceyBongos saying something about a charge cradle coming soon when they announced the sport red controller but can’t find anything on it??

as all my rubber pads have grown and fell off, ive been using a normal gears of war controller, but i miss my elite. I was using it as my hands are missing a lot of feeling as my Multiple Sclerosis is getting worse. but it still doesnt feel right, has MS fixed the issue yet? or do the rubber grips still grow and fall off?

Not really seen many about 2nd hand to be honest.

If you have facebook, try the marketplace thingy on there, quite often elites being sold on there

as all my rubber pads have grown and fell off, ive been using a normal gears of war controller, but i miss my elite. I was using it as my hands are missing a lot of feeling as my Multiple Sclerosis is getting worse. but it still doesnt feel right, has MS fixed the issue yet? or do the rubber grips still grow and fall off?

I'm on my 3rd elite, previous two both the rubber grips on the left grip(inner side) started to come off, so yeah they still grow and come off. You can get replacement grips for the outer rubber grips on eBay for a few £ and those work fine

Hi all
I am sure this question has been asked a lot but is the Elite controller worth it? I can pick up the white one on the Amazon marketplace as new condition for about £70ish with the 20% off deal that is currently active but wondered if it would give me anything over the special edition recon controller I use right now? I mainly play FIFA and Far Cry and occasionally Forza Horizon 4. Will I see any benefit in using it in these games or is it just "a nice thing to have"? I occasionally play FPS games but not often

Imo yes it is worth it if you use Xbox a lot.
Personally I think it's one of the best controllers I have ever used.

If you can grab one for £70 then go for it. I'm annoyed it's on offer a week before payday !
The feel and weight of the controller is great, the trigger stops are great in Shooters and other games and the paddles come in handy for when you don't want to take your thumbs off the sticks. Could be great for shifting gears in Forza or applying health in Far Cry.

Probably the wrong place but any thoughts on the Razer Wolverine?

Ended up buying the white special edition one on Amazon for £70 from the Warehouse - in "very good condition" - according to the description it is just missing the USB cable. Looking forward to getting it!

And he's gone.

I noticed recently that my release day Elite Controller has finally developed an issue. The left bumper no longer activates across the whole button, unlike the right one. It hasn't caused any problems during games yet, as the way I grip the controller, I press this button in the area that works fine.

I'm on my 3rd elite, previous two both the rubber grips on the left grip(inner side) started to come off, so yeah they still grow and come off. You can get replacement grips for the outer rubber grips on eBay for a few £ and those work fine
The inner rubber grip on one of the ‘handles’ has now become unstuck...I did manage to re-stick it back with Gorilla Glue, but the edge of it is now proud with the rubber being stretched...hope they’ve fixed this issue (which seems to be a well known one) as I don’t want to pay the £150 odd for it to be the same

The inner rubber grip on one of the ‘handles’ has now become unstuck...I did manage to re-stick it back with Gorilla Glue, but the edge of it is now proud with the rubber being stretched...hope they’ve fixed this issue (which seems to be a well known one) as I don’t want to pay the £150 odd for it to be the same
Had 2 elites do the same will not buy the new one unless they sell the grips as a spare replacement part(cheap), pointless having a solid controller with no grips...

Got a number of problems with my Elite Controller - I'm another who's had one since launch so I can't complain about not getting much use from it.

I have the rubber grips falling off - which I've given up on and now only have 2 that are stuck down with superglue. (Actually, I managed to get superglue all over the top of the controller too which has resulted in an extra grippy section!)

2 main gripes though - firstly my left shoulder button has fell to bits, it still works 99% of the time but it's no longer attached into the controller - I understand there are kits to fix this, can anyone recommend a good guide and where to get the parts?

Secondly - I doubt this one can be solved... vibration is very loud - the motors are banging against the inside of the shell - it's horrific on Forza, and on destiny it'll vibrate with every gun shot. Suggestions welcome.

Secondly - I doubt this one can be solved... vibration is very loud - the motors are banging against the inside of the shell - it's horrific on Forza, and on destiny it'll vibrate with every gun shot. Suggestions welcome.
Just on the vibration issue, I would just turn it off in the settings..maybe not the answer your looking for, but I do this with every game I have, just to make the battery last a little longer:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom