Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

does this controller support

Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support
Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) will lead to less latency while gaming

as I can not find any info if this controller has these two features built in as the xbox series x new controllers do have this.

Have they stopped doing community profiles for these? I cant find them in the xbox accessories app.

Still worth picking one of these up before the Series X arrives?

I’m umming and ahhing about getting one soon. My v1 Elite has served me well...about 3.5years so although they’re expensive, there are worth it in the long run imo.

Only recently (last few weeks) has my v1 starting to show wear and tear...the rubberised grips on either side has started to come away, which is why I’ve been considering a v2...

I generally love mine, except the right thumb stick has a slightly 'gritty' feel sometimes, especially in the top 2 tensions. Kind of annoying in a premium product, but there is no drift and it works fine, so I am reluctant to exchange it. The battery life is insane. Feels about 10x the capacity of the PS4 pad.

Bought this yesterday, feels much nicer than the Elite, I'm definitely going for the extended warranty, as I'm not convinced by the grips...
Trigger stops are much more responsive than the old model, felt I was getting a fair gun fight if not a slight advantage.
Not sure how good the thumbstick adjustment is as there seems very little difference if any?

Besides having to replace the bumpers on my launch batch Series 1 Elite Controller, mine's still going strong and no other issues. I would replace it with the Series 2, but the non-replaceable battery at its current price is a showstopper for me. If/when the price drops, I will consider it.

Besides having to replace the bumpers on my launch batch Series 1 Elite Controller, mine's still going strong and no other issues. I would replace it with the Series 2, but the non-replaceable battery at its current price is a showstopper for me. If/when the price drops, I will consider it.
Battery doesn't bother me as I play with it connected by wire.
My old series 1 had no grips the buttons didn't feel responsive and there was stick drift, no wonder I struggled to kill people in Warzone....

Not sure how good the thumbstick adjustment is as there seems very little difference if any?

Massive difference on mine. Even between the middle setting and the others.

Finally

IMG_20200515_140001.jpg

For what it is worth, the gritty sensation I was experiencing with the sticks is now gone. I guess it just needed breaking in. Still absolutely love this controller. It is a lot of money but well worth it for me.

Oh my this is a thing of beauty!!
The weight, tension on the sticks and triggers are a big improvement over the 1st version.

Only managed a few games on Apex and will take some getting used to but already noticed improvements.

My 1st version was slowly falling apart and button presses didn't register and vibrations came and went.
Had it since release and used daily and probably my most used and abused controller ever. It sure took a beat with my toddler throwing it round and pulling the sticks and paddles off ona weekly basis.

Thought the first elite controller would be hard to beat but think this one does. Roll on games night!

Mines got to go back, within a week there's stick drift and button presses don't feel right...

Did anyone go for thr MS cover on this?
£15 for 3 years seems pretty reasonable to me.
Don't suppose you have a link for this? I've tried searching but can't find anything relating to it

Don't suppose you have a link for this? I've tried searching but can't find anything relating to it

It was an option when you added the Elite Series 2 via the MS site. I went with Amazon in the end as MS did not have them in stock.

It was an option when you added the Elite Series 2 via the MS site. I went with Amazon in the end as MS did not have them in stock.
Ah right. Doesn't look like you can get it then without buying from the site

after over a year with the elite series 2 controller, it`s now starting to break down the RB is not working properly anymore :(

looks i wasn`t paying attention it`s not been a year had this controller :facepalm::rotfl: even then it still shouldn`t be breaking this quick

Last edited:
after over a year with the elite series 2 controller, it`s now starting to break down the RB is not working properly anymore :(

Are you getting a bit confused?.

It only came out in Nov, if it’s packing up get it sent back to Microsoft.

Are you getting a bit confused?.

It only came out in Nov, if it’s packing up get it sent back to Microsoft.

so it did damn covid 19 messing with my mind :facepalm: if i sent it back to them and have to wait a while for replacement, and i have no other controllers in house so couldn`t play the xbox :(

Had my elite v2 since the end of February it's now developed a double click on the rb button and the 2 rubber covers on the trigger stop switches have come off. Bought from Argos so was thinking of returning and requesting an exchange due to being unable to do so because of covid 19 store closures but argos hasn't any stock at all. Also showing out of stock on MS store. Not sure what to do.

with the RB problem i have on my controller, i`ve had to do a workaround and use 1 of the paddles for RB

after being in contact with game HQ they told me to just wait for the game store to re-open then replace it

Sadly my Series 2 has gone back to Amazon.
Right trigger has started to stick or catch on something.
Purchased at the end of last year. :(

does this controller support

Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support
Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) will lead to less latency while gaming

as I can not find any info if this controller has these two features built in as the xbox series x new controllers do have this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom