Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

Unless you can use the extra buttons as extra buttons this time, I’ll stick with the old one.

I love using the Elite Controller and this looks like a great evolution of this product line, but £160 is too rich for me, so I'll wait for the price to drop, particularly as my release day Series 1 version is still going strong.

Will it work with Scarlet? If so then I’d consider buying it. If not, I’m not forking out £150 bucks to use a controller for a year.

Also think the missed a great opportunity to make a design labs elite. Totally user customisable FTW.

£160 is excessive for a controller especially since the new console is out before end 2020.

Last edited:
I believe the brief said about 40hrs between charges, how does that compare to the current elite pad and base xb1 pad?

I'm pleased I never got an elite controller earlier in the year now.

Obviously they've confirmed Scarlett compatibility, but in any case didn't MS say a couple of years ago that all Xbox One accessories (and games) will work with all Xbox family devices going forward?

Got one pre-ordered from Amazon. Now hoping that they drop the price by mistake as they did with the first Elite :D

Tension adjustable sticks and built it battery with a 40 hour charge sounds good to me.

Got one pre-ordered from Amazon. Now hoping that they drop the price by mistake as they did with the first Elite :D

Tension adjustable sticks and built it battery with a 40 hour charge sounds good to me.

Thanks for the link I just preordered mines.

Currently on my 4th elite controller lol

You wouldn't have regretted it for a second. It's the best controller I have ever used and it feels amazing in your hands when your using it.
Still using mine from 3 years ago I think? As good as ever. Im not the biggest gamer but have been totally addicted to XCOM 2 lately.

I've watched quite a few hands on videos with the new elite controller and this one gives details around the adjustable stick tension. The lowest setting resembles the current stock XB1 tension and the highest is equivalent to the tension found in the 360 controller.

I am so pleased they have addressed this issue as I was so disappointed with how loose the sticks are compared to the 360 controller.

The charging dock inside the protective case so you can charge the controller while it's away is genius.

Caved in and pre-ordered.

They've made reference at E3 and various interviews about controllers and accessories moving with you to scarlett. So it'll work fine.

My big issue with this is the built in battery... Sure great if it lasts, but going by how crap their play and charge kits are it doesn't fill me with confidence. The main issue being when these pack up your £160 controller is effectively useless.

They've made reference at E3 and various interviews about controllers and accessories moving with you to scarlett. So it'll work fine.

My big issue with this is the built in battery... Sure great if it lasts, but going by how crap their play and charge kits are it doesn't fill me with confidence. The main issue being when these pack up your £160 controller is effectively useless.

I'd rather they bundle a play and charge kit in the package rather than have it permanently built in for those very reasons.

That's a good point. I just cycle rechargeable batteries for my Series 1 Elite and I can charge them easily whilst the controller is put away.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom