1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox DVD drive query

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by adrian3221, Feb 25, 2004.

1. adrian3221

adrian3221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have the Phillips DVD drive in my Xbox and want to rip some music from CD-RW's to my hard drive. I bought some blank TDK CD-RW's but my Xbox wouldnt read them. I have since been told that the Phillips drive only reads certain brands of disc. Does anyone know what the brands are???

2. stevebt

stevebt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    your xbox will not read any cd's only the samsung drive does that and its in mine;) write your music to a dvd then you will have no problems putting your music on the xbox

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,758
    Not necesarliy true. My Phillips drive will read some CD-R's, think they are Traxdata's. Check out this thread.

4. stevebt

stevebt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes: great eh, but as i said write your music to dvd and you will have no problems, it will be more trouble trying to find a cd that works with your xbox than write to dvd;)

5. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Unless he dosn't have a dvd writer :D

6. adrian3221

adrian3221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Problem solved! Dont have a DVD-Writer but a friend advised me to use Nero instead of WM9 to burn my CD-RW's. Took his advice and have had no problems since!

7. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,758
    What's the rolleyes for?
    It just annoys me when somebody states a "fact" that isn't correct.

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i'm a little confused by this thread. What music are you coping? MP3? WMA? WAV? Are you ripping from the tracks from cd format to WMA for in-game music?

About 4 months ago i put XBOX Media Centre on mine and shifted 15Gb of MP3s to it (by FTP) then tried to move a load into the game music directory but the xbox didnt regonise that they were there. I took from this that the xbox needed to rip them itself before you could use then in game? I dont understand why you would want to copy directly from CD/DVD without having media centre as i didnt think that the tracks would work? If you have media centre then i would assume that you would FTP into the xbox therefore not needing the burn to CD/DVD option?

Sorry ignore all that, i've just read it again and i see what your trying to do. Just get media centre and abondon your CD collection forever!! Mines in the loft out the way - more room for DVD's :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gary