XBOX - Disc Errors

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by scotia, Oct 11, 2004.

1. scotia

scotia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my XBOX for just over one month and have a number of games which play with no problems, however, I recently bought Ninja Gaiden and when I insert the disc it either fails to load, tells me I don't have the DVD kit installed or a message appears to inform me that the disc may be dirty or damaged.

I have returned the game twice to the retailer and each replacement game has the same loading problems. I also recently bought Burnout 3 and the game freezes on occassion and I have also had the same message about the disc being damaged or dirty. I also returned theis game and the replacement has a few glitches, although it is not as bad as the first copy.

Can anyone tell me if they have simliar problems or if it could be the XBOX and not the games that are the problem?

2. pmccurdy

pmccurdy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my xbox for just under a year before it stopped playing anything. It's most likely due to the disc tray out of alignment. Same things happened with my PS2, Disc errors and after realigning the tray, was all good. Im not familiar with the samsung dvd drive in the xbox so mine is still dead,

checkout http://www.llamma.com/xbox/
    Lots of useful tips and troubleshooting guides.

It's probably M$'s way of making more money out of you, having the drive go "bad" ...... :D

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It still under warrenty so give MS a call - its a free phone number i believe and get them to repair it - does sound like you have a dodgy dvdrom drive.
    MS will do this very quickly - when mine blew up(lightning strike - took out my ethernet port) - it took just 4 days to get it fixed and returned to me all free. Great CS from MS.

4. jamesvtidohc

jamesvtidohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    hey, even after the warrenty you can still have your xbox replaced or repaired at the retailer from which youve bought the console from.

you have consumer rights and if the product is not working properly, even after 3 years after your purchase, you still have the right to have the product replaced or repaired for free, obviously that the problem hasnt been caused by due diligince or maulicious damage. just have a proof of your purchase, thats why with all electrical stuff ive bought over the last 5 years ive still got their receipts.

5. pmccurdy

pmccurdy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ARRGHH .. I knew I should have kept the receipt !!!!!

Well, now I know :cool:

6. scotia

scotia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I take it I will lose all my saved data by returning the XBOX to the retailer?

7. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If you return it to MS - they will repair it ie replace the dvdrom drive (I'm guessing you have a thompson dvd drive these are famous for being crap)
    You will get it back with all your saves in tact - Unless they need to replace the HD then you will lose the saves. When i sent mine back the replaced the blown ethernet port and also put in a new dvdrom drive - even though there was nothing wrong with the old one. The Saves and music collection on my HD were still there when i got it back.
    Its very easy to send back to MS - they will send you a box and instructions on how to pack the box and you then ring up the parcel firm and they collect it and you get it back within 4 days.