Xbox Dead

leejw

Standard Member
All..

Over the last few days my 360 has been occasionaly locking up! Last night three red lights were illuminated when in the dashboard and again the machine froze. I'm guessing this could be an overheating problem? As the box is still in the 12 month warranty, do I need to contact Microsoft or my retailer "Game"? Finally, as I have made the Xbox "Wife Proof" with regards to cable management, it will be a extremely difficult task to remove all cables. Can I return just the main unit and leave the cables?

Thanks for your help

leejw

Standard Member
I will give GAME @ Bluewater a call. The unit is about 2 months old. I guess I will loose any achievements as my HDD will need to be replaced :mad:

C

CAFCmatt

leejw said:
I will give GAME @ Bluewater a call. The unit is about 2 months old. I guess I will loose any achievements as my HDD will need to be replaced :mad:
Ask if you can keep it?

Jay

Banned
leejw said:
good news, when xbox is faulty game only replace the actual; xbox itself, when i went there i was worried and packed everything up (and i'm useless at packing and get frustrated as i can never fit the same things back in the box:D ) and mentioned that i had all my live info etc on harddrive as i had forgot to delelte but the said no worries they only change the machine and you keep wires controller hard drive. Just go in there with receipt and machine and they'll sort it out. The only thing i will say is firstly check they have 360's in stock and get a mangers name so you know there will be no problems changing it as you can say 'i spoke to..' :thumbsup:

redmarkred

leejw said:
Don't send it to MS as they will send you a recon unit.

I also bought my 360 from Game and they were very good when it went wrong. Just took my 360 in and kept the Hard Drive and all cables. They swapped my broken 360 for a brand new one:thumbsup: