xbox dead

madliam

Standard Member
Reaction score
please help want to get my saves of dead xbox transfer on to another one especially juiced please help

well how did your xbox die? if it fell in a volcano i dont think even ontrack could help :cool:

JagoPlasma said:
well how did your xbox die? if it fell in a volcano i dont think even ontrack could help :cool:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jagoplasma and MacReady

Nice to see you being so helpful to the guys plight - nice to se the human trate of mocking the afflicted is alive and well.

madliam - Firstly you need to workout what has died? the cpu, motherboard hard drive. Go to xbox.com and look up error messages that will tell you.

if your lucky it will be something other than the HD. if that is still breathing then at least you can transfer the drive out and move the games off. if the drive is dead you dont stand a chance - - although your playing Juiced which is slightly distrubing :D

give me some more info and i i'll try and help further.

Gary

Gary D said:
Jagoplasma and MacReady

Nice to see you being so helpful to the guys plight - nice to se the human trate of mocking the afflicted is alive and well.

Sorry :( I wasn't mocking madliam though, I just thought the volcano thing was funny. If I had posted anf got that response I would have thought it was funny but I realise it was not exactly a helpfull reply so I appologise :(

With regards to the problem. I know someone where I work who had the dead hard drive error and he still managed to get stuff off one of the partitions. The XBox was modded however and I am not sure what difference this may have made.

Again, I appologise for my post aboev and hope you manage to get this sorted.

so is it giving you an error message on screen or through the green circle?

is it with all games?

is it inside the warrenty period?

is it modded?

Gary

No Its Out Of Warranty Not Sure About Error Message I Think There No Message Just The Dashboard Ad The Disc Making A Noise

Gary D no need to get in an arse, I asked him how it "died" if we dont know how it died we cant help, hence why i asked :rolleyes:

now if he would be so kind to tell us we can all start helping

EDIT: There is a disc inside i take it? can you eject it?

if you can move around the menus in the dashboard then you can copy the saves to memory card

Sounds like it is the DVD drive that has died which is a relativly simple thing to sort and should not affect your game saves. Just do as Jago says and save them to a memory card and you should be OK but if the drive is all that is faulty it is relativly cheap and easy to replace.

Hi Thanks For Help How Do You Replace Drive Or How To Get Juiced Off Because Or It Wont To Do Is Delete It And That Will Be The End Of The World To Him

wow ive never seen someone type with capitals for the first letter of every word before, must of took some effort :thumbsup:

go to the part of the dashboard that lets you copy the game saves, unfortunately its not as easy as youd think to take the HD out and put it in another xbox as xbox hard disks are "locked"

only other meathod i could think of is a soft mod, but your xbox would of had to be working :rolleyes:

JagoPlasma said:
wow ive never seen someone type with capitals for the first letter of every word before, must of took some effort :thumbsup:

go to the part of the dashboard that lets you copy the game saves, unfortunately its not as easy as youd think to take the HD out and put it in another xbox as xbox hard disks are "locked"

only other meathod i could think of is a soft mod, but your xbox would of had to be working :rolleyes:

It sounds like the DVD drive is at fault if it is just making a noise? Is the disc stuck in there or is it doing it with all discs?

Do you get a 'cannot read....' or 'not an XBox disc.....' message when you put the game discs in or does it just make a noise and stay on the dashboard?

madliam

If it is the DVD drive then it is pretty easy to swap out for a replacement. You can get replacements quite easily off Ebay and they are not expensive.

If you do a Google search for 'replacing XBox DVD drive' you will find quite a few different sites with guides on how to do this and most include detailed pictures. It is just a case of removing the top cover of the Xbox and unplugging a couple of cables. Then you just need to get access to the drive by unscrewing it from the main body and it's plastic cradle.

You will need a torx screwdriver set to do the job but it is easy enough for anyone to try.

Thanks guys :D

I've been away an hour and theres nothing left for me to add :smashin:

Gary

Gary D said:
Thanks guys :D

I've been away an hour and theres nothing left for me to add :smashin:

Gary

Y'see...allthough we never did find out if it was anywhere near a volcano when all this happened ;)

Something to add which hasn't already been covered - some (most?) xbox game save data is encrypted and locked to the xbox that created it (or in the case of downloadable content, the machine to which it was originally downloaded).

Even if you can get the data transferred to another machine, you may find that the data is "corrupt" and unusable. Forza, I'm looking at you dammit!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom