XBOX console for collaboration

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by monkeyleader, Mar 27, 2003.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi all,

Ive been using the XBOX now since its release in the uk, and also been using live since beta testing began - love it, but also realise that Mr Gates is onto something when it comes to collaboration with this box. I work for a company who is always looking for new ways to collaborate with each other, and the ability to do this over the live system, while pushing graphics to the limit appeals to us [our users are always manipulating large graphical models etc - I work for an oilfield company] . Ive finally talked my boss into getting an XBOX and a live account (well 2 actually) so I can show him the whole thing called Live. To make this work however we need to get our software onto the box rather than games - does anyone know how we would go about talking to Microsoft about such things ?

cheers,

monkey

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    Not to appear slightly cynical but what exactly are you proposing? MS would not let you fiddle with the operating system on the X-Box. It is a console!

Live is a games service not a business service. What you are proposing is already covered by buying two PCs and using video conferencing software or voice over IP software like Roger Wilco.

TBH, I am sure MS would rather collaborate with you on a full cost Win2K/XP licence rather than a games console for the home market.