1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX connection nightmare

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by astonbilla, Dec 22, 2002.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi all, i really hope someone can help me. I am having problems all of a sudden with my consoles.

Let me set the scene,

I have a sony 36fs76 tv. This has 2 rgb scarts on the rear. I have all my consoles running through a quattro scart splitter. This is crytal clear and i would recommend it, EXCEPT - for some reason my XBOX picture through it is terrible. It almost looks like composite. Its blurred and fizzes around the edges.

If i run the XBOX directly into the tv the image is fine. The strange thing is my PS2 and Gamecube look fantastic through the quattro, with no image quality problems at all.

Also, does anyone have SKY+? on my old sky box i used to run the quattro through the second scart on the sky box. I tried this with the SKY+ box and the image was disastrous. It had lines coming horizontally off every image on the screen. Only on the PS2 and the XBOX however. Does this mean the SKY+ is faulty?

OK, can anyone help me to connect my XBOX without image loss?, i use the offical advanced scart - is the image quality ok with this?, i've always found it to be a wee bit soft.

Any help would be fantastic guys, I'm expecting Santa to bring a few XBOX games so the panic is on.

Thanks

Bill

2. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get them same sort of fuzzyness on reds with the same gear you have......im wondering if its the MS advanced lead at fualt

not tried the lead direct into the tv...to much off a hassle

I run my sky+ with my dvd daisy chained to the quattro...both give an impressive pic on rgb.....

3. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I use a similar product from keene-electronics BT21S (i think) and I don't get the fuzzyness - its got an xbox/cube/dvd going through it - all RGB and offical leads

4. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    what lead do you have for your xbox? is it the official one?

5. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yep and same with cube - others don't seem to be as good from what i've read elsewhere - I'm a sucker for buying the official ones there not that much more

6. Sock Monster

Sock Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I use the Quattro+ with a 36" Toshiba and have seen the exact same problems as you and others here. I also tried with a third-party lead with worse results. I had an old manual switchbox which suffered none of the problems.

You've probably tried it already, but I did notice some improvement in changing the RGB scart socket I used on the Quattro.

I ended up getting a component video lead from the US for the Xbox as this gives the same, if not better results, than RGB scart but I'm lucky 'cos my Toshiba has component input.

No chance you can use the second RGB input on your TV and put whatever was using this through the Quattro? I have to say that I've tried my DVD directly into the TV and also through the Quattro and could notice no difference at all in quality.

Otherwise you could get an S-video lead with better results than you are getting now.

Good luck!

7. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    thanks sock monster, did the problem occur with any other consoles? it only seems to happen with my XBOX.

Thanks for the info matey

8. Sock Monster

Sock Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

No. Only the Xbox gave me trouble with the image through the Quattro so rest assured there is nothing wrong with your kit. My PS2 and Gamecube work fine with a great image.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,

SM.

9. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    for £20 try the one I use from keene - if it works then you don't have to ditch RGB and if it don't its only £20 (keene might take it back - they are pretty good)