Xbox connection help needed please!

cl0nd0n

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys quick question.

Am I right in saying I can connect my xbox via a third party component cable such as this Component Cable to my Denon amp.

I have a component going from the amp to a Panasonic PWD8. I realise I will not get hi def but surely this will be a better quality connection?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dont want to multiply threads.... So am posting my question here:

I have got component cable and optical audio from DVD to TV. Can I connect it in chain? Can I connect both - DVD and XBOX 360 through component and audio? (I have got 1 optical, 1 coaxial, 1 component, 1 svideo on my TV). I am going to buy 5.1 amplifier though. sometime later..

how to properly accomodate all the audio/video sources?

thank you.

Thank you for the advice. Can you please give me a rough idea how much is the amp with 2 component and 2 optical input and one comp output?

That would be possible but when I plugged in the MS Component cable the picture was no different to the RGB scart cable,if anything it was slightly worse.

Maxima, amps start around £250 and go up to £000's. Yamaha is not a bad starting place.

Can anyone recommend a good component cable for xbox > denon 1906 > pwd8 ? ? ? ?

:clap:

cl0nd0n said:
Can anyone recommend a good component cable for xbox > denon 1906 > pwd8 ? ? ? ? :clap:

I use the one supplied with the hidef kit into my amp, and then a couple of MArk Grant cables from amp to my PWD8, via JSTech component splitter (so the picture goes to plasma and projector). Works a treat for me :thumbsup:

cl0nd0n said:
Hi guys quick question.

Am I right in saying I can connect my xbox via a third party component cable such as this Component Cable to my Denon amp.

I have a component going from the amp to a Panasonic PWD8. I realise I will not get hi def but surely this will be a better quality connection?

Any help greatly appreciated.

After the results I got with my set up . I personally wouldn't recommend using the Hidef cables without modding the Xbox .
I was so dissapointed with the result ,it was worse than with the MS Ad.Scart , I couldn't bring myself to play anything :( .
And that was using official MS kit , lots of forumites have had issues using 3rd party cables :nono: .There OK between the breakout box and your kit ,ie normal component cables , but their is no real substitute for the bit you plug into the xbox :smashin:.

Post a wanted in the classifieds for an MS hi def kit , they pop up all the time.
Then get yourself on the list for the forums soft mod kit (no soldering reqired :D ) you wont regret it :smashin:

John

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom