1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox - Component Cable but not High Def

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gstadt, May 18, 2005.

1. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi All,

brother-in-law just bought a Hitachi PD5200 and was wondering best way to connect up. I've got a PS2 into a Panny plasma and I know you can just connect the component cable up into one of the component inputs. I'm a bit confused about High Def XBox form the threads, as it seems that in order to connect up component you need a)the High Def kit and, the important bit, b) a modded XBox (soft or chip).

Can you connect component up without getting the XBox modded (not sure he'd want to mess around like that)?

I know the PS2 can just play PAL games through component without being modded and not sure if this is the case with the XBox.

Cheers

G

2. lochindaal

lochindaal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can connect if you buy the component Hi Def kit. This gives you the required interface for component cables. best to get the official MS ones not the ones from Game.

Once done the soft mod is so easy it would be daft not to do it. :thumbsup:

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,688
    I used the Hi Def kit for a while before I modded my Xbox , the picture quality wasn't up to much to be honest. Faint Green/red vertical lines on the screen , I think Duncan had the same problem . Once the box was modded , lines went away and I've played the bloody thing daily since :devil: .
    If you have no intention of modding , stick with the RGB scart option

Agreed , nothing to gain by saving a Fiver . Non MS cables have had mixed reviews
    Atb
    John