1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox communicator able to modify it?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by hencole, Mar 20, 2003.

1. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With only one Xbox communicator able to be used per Live account, I've wondered how to get guests to listen to whats going on. I was wondering if its possible to rewire the communicator and fix it to an ambient microphone and a set of speakers. Anyone tried this or are there any plans to release a device to do this?

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    mmm interesting concept
    If the communicator has a jack plug, is there space to fit a double adapter and make a new cable without destroying the original?

3. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    you know I was thinking along the same lines the other nite .. I had a few people round and it sure would be good if you could let guests listen in (or even talk) im sure someone out there has done this ??

4. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, well I shoud be getting broadband in the next couple of weeks so I might well try that, but instead of an extra headset I'll see if I can fit a video conferencing mic and speaker system on instead. I'll let you know how this goes.

6. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, at the moment I haven't got acess to the speaker and mic system I was going to use, so I am just going to use a splitter and add a mobile phone hands free kit as shown in the article above. The problem I have though is that I can't find a 2.5mm jack splitter, or the alternative of a 3.5mm jack to 2.5mm socket (as I have a 2.5mm to 3.5 socket, plus 3.5 splitter).

I've searched high and low on the net and can't find either of the above for sale in the Uk. Anyone know where I could find these items?

7. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0