1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox bought, which web sites for new owner info ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by RimBlock, Dec 9, 2002.

1. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

I have finally taken the plunge and bought an X-box.

Xbox + GT2002, Splinter Cell, Halo, Jetsetrockinsockinwhatever..
    extra controller (S version), Super AV connection kit (svhs, scart, optical, component etc), Dead or Alive 3 (pre-owned) & Silent Hill 2 (Preowned) for £275 (with £5 off voucher ;) ) .

Can someone please point me at some websites for xbox owners with good reviews, hacks etc.

Unfortunatly most of the sites I have found are quite out of date (6 months or so).

I will be trying it out tonight when I get home, just to make sure it is not broken :D , before handing it over to the wife for the Christmas wrapping.

Waiting to see what it is going to sound like through my Cyrus AV8 and Smartpowers.....

Cheers
    Si

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
  3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    www.ign.com

is not too bad either.

Although, in my opinion, you do have the only games, which are worth owning on the format.

You may want to look at Fifa or Tony Hawkes if you enjoy football/skateboarding games respectively.

4. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for that.

Not too much into sport games.

Liked all the games I have so far (just had a quick play).

Impressed at the quality for a console. More or less upto P.C. standard (but then the P.C. world moves fast).

Silent Hill 2 is just hat I like. Painfull camera angles and scary story :) .

Halo is great. Reminds me of Unreal (one player story).

DOA3 is fun.

GT2002 looks nice but will have to get into it to get more cars.

Splinter cell, couldn't get my character to move, left analogue did nothing. Maybe a settings problem.

One thing......

When I first switched it on I had the Controller-S pluggesd in only. If I now plugin the normal controller it does not seem to work at all (even after turning the XBox off and on again).

Ideas ??

Cheers
    RB

5. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
  6. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am still an old P.C. gamer.

Some games cannot be bettered on the P.C. just like some cannot on the consoles.

Personnaly I got the XBox for the fighting / driving / Res Evil type games.

For FPS I will stick to the PC.

I like Halo but it reminded me alot of Unreal.

Halo 2 will be nice but given the choice I will buy Unreal 2 or Doom III on the P.C. over an XBox version.

I will never buy a fighting game on the P.C. and will have to have a bit of a funny turn to buy a driving game on the P.C. but then I think consoles are a lot better for these games.

Have been sort of tempted by the Mech Warrior game on the XBox but having come up through the Mech games on the P.C. I don't think it will allow enough control (I tend to use the Satek X36 joystick and throttle combi for this).

I guess arcade type games then use a console, more indepth then use a P.C.

Just my thoughts and as always they are open to change by reasonable comments.

Oh and the links are great but I was looking more for the 'how to swap the hard drive for a bigger model' etc type sites.

Cheers
    RB

7. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Mech Assault barely conforms to the FASA licence, it uses some names of mechs but apart from that it is not a proper mech game. Worth a try but I wouldn't buy it, better off with MW 4 Mercs

8. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's plenty of XBox hacker type sites out there if you look. Unless you're running games off the hard drive or storing your entire CD collection on the system, then I doubt you'll need a bigger hard drive. I just jam whatever save games I need on there, and never bother to clean them off, plus, 3 or 4 CDs worth of MP3s, and still plenty of room.

9. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Seem to be a few customisation sites out there but quite a few have quite old info.

Agreed about the hard drive space but apart from ripping a few games to speed up loading times I also have a library of 7Gb worth of mp3's sitting on my network and would like to be able to set play lists from the fileserver for game background music where the game permits.

Would also like to see what else can be done with the XBox (other than putting Linux on it).

Cheers
    RB

10. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    We found the same problem when checking our new XBox before wrapping ;) however a quick deja search gave the answer. You have to look around and look at each of the lights first - I am assuming that you're on the training mission.

Re sites. quite like XBox Addict

laura.

11. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for that, thought it would be something quite simple as the controller-s worked fine with the other games.

I took the original controller back to Game (the one in the XBox pack which didn't seem to work at all) and as they didn't have a replacement they gave me a new controller-s.

I now have a new XBox with two controller-s's (which I much prefer).

Cheers
    RB